Have you ever fallen off the wagon? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever fallen off the wagon? And what was it you ate and how much? I do it. Uhh. Nevermind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2009, 10:51 PM

if you mean and ate meat nope...I havent eaten meat in 18 years...now junk food on the other hand thats another story
#3 Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Beginner

by accident, if that counts. I was told there was "absolutely no meat" in something...and, well, there was. On the plus side, I was out with about 6 friends and the place zeroed out our bill and bar tab (about $200) and apologized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I did the first time I went veg. Basically I just started eating meat again. There wasn't a one time thing. I didn't have as much motivating information back then, so there wasn't as strong a drive to keep it up.

But since I went veg this time (2 years ago this July), I haven't slipped and I know I won't. Ever.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#5 Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

nope, not yet....and after watching Meet your Meat, I don't think I ever will.

I forwarded that post to my family members, so they know where their meat is coming from, and how it was handled.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#6 Old 03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

No, not once in almost 20 years of being meat free. And I won't. I like not consuming animal parts/ products obtained from animals.
#7 Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, and I hurt my arm. :O

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#8 Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Yeah, I did it accidentally. My mom told me, "No meat in it, I swear!"

It was supposed to be an egg roll with no meat (I'm not sure if those even exist...gosh, I feel stupid) but I found like a little pieces all in it.

When I found out I almost threw up. >.<
#9 Old 03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I did when I first went veggie, I didn't eat meat for 4 months but went back... Then I decided that was a bad idea, so I went vegetarian again.

There was once I ate meat by accident... I was on a plane trip overseas, and the airline said "You have to tell us if you're vegetarian BEFORE the flight" I should've checked this, but they never said anything before the flight. So on the way I had to eat a bread roll with tiny bits of bacon all through it...
#10 Old 03-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I've thought about it from time to time, but I was never able to go through with falling off the wagon. I guess after 9 years, my habits and "gross factors" are so ingrained I couldn't fall off even if I were pushed.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#11 Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I did, when I was just starting. I had a salad, that I didn't realize had bacon bits in them. Other than that, no, I'm very careful.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#12 Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Theres a wagon?????
#13 Old 03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, the horse that you'll make into dog food and then later, glue, is pulling it.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#14 Old 03-07-2009, 03:51 AM

Eating out vegan everytime can be difficult for me depending on who I'm with or unless I like eating at the same restaurants all the time.

I changed to a vegan diet for health reasons 3-4 years ago. I eat at least 6 meals a day/180 meals a month. On average, I eat out twice a month. Hypothetically, if I ate meat twice a month which I haven't since my conversion that's 1.1% of my meals.

Is a person semi-vegetarian if they eat fish/meat 1 out of every 1000 meals, 1 out of every 2000 meals, 1 out of every 5000 meals, 1 out of every 10000 meals?

My question is what is a vegetarian, what is a vegan, who sets the criteria, and who the f**k is anyone to judge people who don't belong to their religion, and hold others to their standards? Someone on another forum used the term "vegangelicals."

I could copy and paste this post to several other threads I've read in the past 24 hours.
#15 Old 03-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwayne View Post

Eating out vegan everytime can be difficult for me depending on who I'm with or unless I like eating at the same restaurants all the time.

I changed to a vegan diet for health reasons 3-4 years ago. I eat at least 6 meals a day/180 meals a month. On average, I eat out twice a month. Hypothetically, if I ate meat twice a month which I haven't since my conversion that's 1.1% of my meals.

Is a person semi-vegetarian if they eat fish/meat 1 out of every 1000 meals, 1 out of every 2000 meals, 1 out of every 5000 meals, 1 out of every 10000 meals?

My question is what is a vegetarian, what is a vegan, who sets the criteria, and who the f**k is anyone to judge people who don't belong to their religion, and hold others to their standards? Someone on another forum used the term "vegangelicals."

I could copy and paste this post to several other threads I've read in the past 24 hours.

And you fell off the wagon when????
#16 Old 03-07-2009, 06:32 AM

I unfortunately have fallen off the wagon more than once. It's not anyone specific food either, and truthfully, I could be quite happy being even just a fruitarian my whole life, but for some reason, if I get too hungry, I can fall off the wagon.

I'm working on that though. I'm currently back on...
#17 Old 03-07-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

And you fell off the wagon when????

I don't understand how your question relates to the post you quoted nor do I feel the need to make a "confessional."

I've never fallen off the wagon as far as I'm concerned. If I'm out somewhere or a relatives house and I'm hungry, I'm not going to starve myself to death because there aren't any vegan restaurants in the vicinity.
#18 Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't understand how your question relates to the post you quoted nor do I feel the need to make a "confessional."

I've never fallen off the wagon as far as I'm concerned. If I'm out somewhere or a relatives house and I'm hungry, I'm not going to starve myself to death because there aren't any vegan restaurants in the vicinity.

Yet you just did and answered my question at the same time.

Thank you!
#19 Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I fell off a ladder once.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#20 Old 03-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Yet you just did and answered my question at the same time.

Thank you!

#21 Old 03-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

#22 Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 PM

Off topic. Guru is your avatar a photo of a vegan Big Mac. It reminded me I need to go to Whole Foods Market to buy a box of Amy's Quarter Pounder's
#23 Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Off topic. Guru is your avatar a photo of a vegan Big Mac. It reminded me I need to go to Whole Foods Market to buy a box of Amy's Quarter Pounder's

Yeah I made it using Amys Texas Burgers!

and I think I may make another tonight, including the special sauce!
#24 Old 03-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah I made it using Amys Texas Burgers!

and I think I may make another tonight, including the special sauce!

Texas Burgers aren't bigger than the 1/4 pounders are they? What special sauce?
#25 Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Texas Burgers aren't bigger than the 1/4 pounders are they? What special sauce?

No, I just like the flavor. The special sauce that is on the Big Macs. Essentially 1000 Island dressing. I make my own...
#26 Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Are Amy's burgers 1/4 ers? Thanks for all the replies. Mainly I wanted to know if you have problems with willpower. I do, but then I hate to see the amount of waste in this country, like the above poster said, they are not going to go hungry if nothing is available. far as I see it, any and every meatless meal is a good thing. I do not kill and would probably die if I had to hunt to eat. But I wouldn't starve if I was eating at my relatives either.
#27 Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilnut View Post

Are Amy's burgers 1/4 ers? Thanks for all the replies. Mainly I wanted to know if you have problems with willpower. I do, but then I hate to see the amount of waste in this country, like the above poster said, they are not going to go hungry if nothing is available. far as I see it, any and every meatless meal is a good thing. I do not kill and would probably die if I had to hunt to eat. But I wouldn't starve if I was eating at my relatives either.

Not all of Amy's burgers are 1/4 pounders. But Amy's does sell 1/4 pound vegan burgers.

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page.

http://www.amys.com/products/categor...rod_category=1

I've never had a probably with willpower. I was tempted by carvings a few times at the begin, but my carvings went away fairly quickly after I started eating a vegan diet.
#28 Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

This is really off topic, but when I read the title of this thread, I thought it said "Have you ever fallen off a wagon." Haha!!
#29 Old 03-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Well...I did eat fish for a little while, though I always felt so guilty. I don't know too many vegetarians personally, and I got sick of people always fussing about having to accommodate for my lifestyle, so I settled on fish. I'm much stronger about my vegetarianism today, though! I haven't eaten fish for a long time now, and I feel better for it.

Also, when I first started out I was about 14, and my brother told me that years later my mom admitted to him that she would slip meat juice and such in my food...blah. I wasn't too happy about that one.
#30 Old 03-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsweetie401 View Post

This is really off topic, but when I read the title of this thread, I thought it said "Have you ever fallen off a wagon." Haha!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page