VeggieBoards banner

The top of my eggplant is moldy looking :(

49K views 59 replies 17 participants last post by  misterkg 
#1 ·
Okay so the part where the leaves are at the top of my eggplant is kind of moldy looking...I just bought it a couple of days ago.

Anyone have this happen? If I chop that whole part off (which I would anyways) is it OK to eat??

#2 ·
with actual mould? yeah, if its anywhere else beyond the leavy bit, i'd chuck that out. mould likes moisture and travels through stuff. whether or not you do depends on how bothered your body is by stuff like that. mine does not like things to be remotely off. i doubt you'd die if you cut it off and ate the rest, especially if the aubergine itself isn't squishy and manky.

#6 ·
Okay here's the top of it. Everything else, as I said, seems fine. I haven't cut into it yet so who knows. Man, I hope it's okay to eat...I told my husband I was making dinner tonight (he always does "meatless monday") so I was looking forward to using it! Plus I didn't come up with anything else lol

#11 ·
Yeah, I think I'd toss that!

I always say "when in doubt, throw it the hell out!"

#13 ·
Okay everyone I'm going to go cut it to see what the inside looks like. I may even *gasp* take a bite to make sure it tastes OK. There have been lots of other foods where I just cut the gross bit off, so maybe since this is all at the top it will be good on the rest of it. *fingers crossed*

No one think I'm gross if I eat it ok? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.