Do you eat ice cream?? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

i have not seen rice milk ice cream and I have never been a fan of ice cream either.. I havent been too into soy delcious ice creams. milkshakes werent too bad but im kinda lactose intolerant and lean towards the vegan side anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

The only brand of rice milk ice cream I've seen is Rice Dream from the people who make Soy Dream. I've only seen a couple of flavors, but the ones I've tried have been pretty good. I think I prefer soy ice cream, though, personally.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#33 Old 02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Beginner

they do have soy icecream

which in my opinion tastes just as good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I've seen a few ice creams with gelatin in them, and I don't buy those, but I'm sure I've consumed it without realizing before. I don't always associate ice cream and gelatin, and to be perfectly honest, if I'm craving it bad enough and I'm at an ice cream shop, I just won't ask. Out of sight, out of mind. This happens maybe once a year mind you, but I'm sure some people are horrified I will knowingly possibly consume gelatin.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#35 Old 02-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

but I'm sure some people are horrified I will knowingly possibly consume gelatin.

*Where's that ban button?*

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 Old 02-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

#37 Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

*Where's that ban button?*

I should just ban myself and get it over with...

.... Goodbye cruel world!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#38 Old 02-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Banned

i love ice cream but if you are very much conscious with your figure then avoid eating ice cream. Ice creams can be the reason of gaining weight.
#39 Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ Looks like Michael got the wrong person

#40 Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessEpiphany View Post

I like Soy Delicious and Rice Dream. Yums.

I had some Rice Dream after dinner...Mmmm.
#41 Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just thinking about this for some reason...maybe because I was looking in the freezer and saw ice cream.

Have you guys tried Temptation brand vegan ice cream? So, so good. I don't normally like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, but theirs is wonderful. It's made here in Illinois but I have trouble finding all the flavors at the Whole Foods stores near me.

I'm still keeping an eye out for their new strawberry flavor. I love strawberry ice cream...as long as it doesn't have chunks of fruit in it (I like smooth, non-chunky strawberry ice cream; the "cheap kind" as I call it). As much as I love strawberries and strawberry ice cream, I don't like one to contaminate the other.

#42 Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

I always hated ice cream and don't eat it. Lots of people like Soy Delicious.

exactly how I feel...and soy delicious roxxz
#43 Old 02-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

I was just thinking about this for some reason...maybe because I was looking in the freezer and saw ice cream.

Have you guys tried Temptation brand vegan ice cream? So, so good. I don't normally like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, but theirs is wonderful. It's made here in Illinois but I have trouble finding all the flavors at the Whole Foods stores near me.

I'm still keeping an eye out for their new strawberry flavor. I love strawberry ice cream...as long as it doesn't have chunks of fruit in it (I like smooth, non-chunky strawberry ice cream; the "cheap kind" as I call it). As much as I love strawberries and strawberry ice cream, I don't like one to contaminate the other.

As attested to by numerous post I am a big fan of the Chicago Soy Dairy, WF here in Michigan stopped carrying all their items. But luckily the HFS near my job does, I recommend the Green Tea flavor.
#44 Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM

Oddly enough I don't like any commercially made soy ice creams, but this place here called The Hop makes homemade icecream and had a soy one that was AWESOME! They also make ones with almond milk that are pretty darned yummy
#45 Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

they have website? i have lazygoogleitis.
#46 Old 02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

#47 Old 02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, that's it, fadeaway!

I love their ice cream. It tastes uncannily like the real thing to me.

#48 Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I love ice cream. Plus it alleviates my heartburn for awhile. I also love frozen yoghurt. Haven't tried soy icecream yet..
#49 Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I do eat regular ice cream on occasion, but rarely. I'm kind of apprehensive about the soy ice creams because they have sooo many ingredients and are so highly processed. I might consider trying Rice Dream if they sold it in my supermarket.

www.sharksavers.org
#50 Old 02-28-2009, 07:44 AM

I don't actually like ice cream so I don't eat it very often at all (I've probably had it twice in the last year), but if I do ever eat it then I check it's veggie first anyway (it tends to be my mum's though and she's veggie too anyway).

I'd like to try soy and/or rice ice cream, but I can't be bothered buying a whole tub as I'd probably throw it out after I'd had a taste even if I like it because it'd take up valuble freezer space =P
#51 Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM

i love icecream

soy delicious, yum!
#52 Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I don't eat ice cream. I'm not into sweets, though.

OMG wish I was like that..I am the total opposite... a junk food junkie..but I still dont like ice cream...LOL
#53 Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 PM

I luuurve ice cream - I was mortified when turning vegetarian to see how many brands here in OZ actually have gelatin in them......

We have So Good Soy Ice Cream and the chocolate one is to die for - almost like eating chocolate cake mix batter (for those of you that are into that lol)....

I am also lucky that I am in close range to a great little bio-dynamic (?) diary who make brilliant gelatin free ice cream - I doubt you guys would ever get it but its starting to take Oz by storm - Mungali Creek Diary....

Also we have a place called Frosty Mango - which makes sorbets out of tropical fruits and OMG I have died and gone to heaven when I walk in that place - dragonfruit, black sapote, davidsons plum.........mmmmmmmmm......
#54 Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

i love the rice divine.. they have good flavors.. and the so delicious with coconut milk is a better alternative to soy!!

speaking of which..i feel like eating a pint. :P
#55 Old 03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post

We have So Good Soy Ice Cream and the chocolate one is to die for - almost like eating chocolate cake mix batter (for those of you that are into that lol).....

Yes we have that here in NZ too it is beautiful. Got me through many summers!

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#56 Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Ice cream is a weakness of mine. When I was younger (I actually stopped this after moving out of my moms house), I would have a bowl of ice cream every night. Even during the winter! Of course, I had to eat the chocolate chip cookie dough kind quickly, because my mom would ask for a bite, I'd give it to her, and she'd take all the cookie dough.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#57 Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

OMG wish I was like that..I am the total opposite... a junk food junkie..but I still dont like ice cream...LOL

I never said I didn't eat ANY junk food. I keep it minimal, but I do like salty/crunchy stuff. Just not sweets.
#58 Old 03-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Ice cream is and always will be the sweet treat that I enjoy the most.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#59 Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Gah. You people have made me start craving icecream now. I hope you're satisfied.
#60 Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I would die without my ice cream fix. Need it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page