"Normal" foods you think are totally disgusting. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

List some foods that gross you out!

I loathe corn, pretty much in any form, I've tried and tried, the second I like it I usually eat too much and hate it again. I hate bread & butter pickles, gross. I hate most "cooked" salsas (like where you boil the jalapenos and mush it up), I hate anything with a jello texture. I hate any form of hersheys chocolate. GUM. GROSSES ME OUT TO THE POINT WHERE I CANT WATCH MOVIES WITH PEOPLE CHEWING GUM WITHOUT GAGGING. I've chewed boyfriends out about this before too. I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Blue cheese is extremely gross and tastes like what I imagine sponge mold would. I don't like mushrooms cooked in chinese food. Scalloped potatoes. candy/drinks that are red or purple colored.

I can go on and on like this thread(which I thought was interesting so I made one here)

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/498820

Obviously you don't have to write about meat products grossing you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

um... celery, and cilantro. thats pretty much about it off the top of my head. not really a fan of eggplant either.
#3 Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Mushrooms. They make me think of what slugs would look like if someone sliced them and sauteed them.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Mushrooms. They make me think of what slugs would look like if someone sliced them and sauteed them.

If I didn't love mushrooms so much, I would be ruined by that image

Celery, SAGE!, carrots...

Everyone seems to LOVE carrots. I loathe the taste of them.
#5 Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

I hate anything with a jello texture.

My mom does, too. She says it's weird and makes her gag. There're a handful of other foods she has the same reaction to. Personally, I always loved the texture of Jello. It's like nothing found in nature.

I absolutely hate peanut butter, unless it's in a peanut butter cup. I hate peanuts in general, actually. And nuts in general. I've never encountered a nut I like.

Anything with almond flavor in it makes me nauseous. The same thing goes for almond scented things, especially if they're made with real almond oil.

I've always hated carrots, but they're starting to grow on me a little since I went veg.

My brother has a complete aversion to lettuce. If lettuce has touched anything he's eating, he won't eat it because it has lettuce juice on it.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#6 Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Tomatoes. And that's pretty much all I can think of. :3

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#7 Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I just wanted to point out I've no way in my life been a picky eater lol, it took me a long time to compile my list.

(btw I hate cilantro too.)
#8 Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and I don't like sage, either.

And I hate the texture of pears (it's so weird and gritty) although I like the taste and do eat them on salad sometimes.

I also don't like bananas, especially not when they're really ripe.

#9 Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I really don't like peaches, I thought it was just canned or frozen ones I didn't like until I started noticing everytime I buy them they always go bad before I eat them. I wonder why!

I don't like bananas either, I try but I hate them. and they always make my jaw lock because theyre wayy too sweet.

one thing I just remembered. ROASTED GARLIC. like on the cooking shows where they do it in the oven and "omg it just squishes out like this" GROSS. I hate marinara sauce/alfredo sauce that says "roasted garlic" on it also. I like sauteed garlic but the SQUISHY ROASTED GARLIC grosses me out so bad.
#10 Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I remembered something else. Raisins. I love grapes but hate raisins.

They have a really weird taste to them. And yet now and then I eat them anyway if they're at hand. It's strange. And every time I remember why I hate them so much.

I used to hate tomatoes but now I like them in moderation (my tastes in vegetables have changed somewhat since I went veg). I even intentionally put tomato on my salad earlier this week.

#11 Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate... mushrooms (blech!) and raw tomatoes (if they are properly cooked/spiced then I can deal with them). Raisins are nasty, too.

Also... I just can't deal with tofu.
#12 Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm also not a raw tomato fan. I always order everything without tomato. But give me something that has tomatoes cooked in it and I'm good

o_0
#13 Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Eggplant. Ew ew ew ew ew.

I personally love cilantro. For those of you who don't like it: does it taste like soap to you? I seem to remember hearing that a certain percentage of the population taste cilantro differently than the rest of us and it is a very unpleasant taste.

Kinda reminds me of that chemical... oh I can't remember the name of it. Only certain people can taste it. We were given tabs of it in highschool biology and oh could I ever taste it! Tasted like chewed up tylenol, so nasty I couldn't stand it, and others were chewing away on it unable to taste it at all.
#14 Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Is Marmite a normal food? Because its gross.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#15 Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

I personally love cilantro. For those of you who don't like it: does it taste like soap to you? I seem to remember hearing that a certain percentage of the population taste cilantro differently than the rest of us and it is a very unpleasant taste.

Kinda reminds me of that chemical... oh I can't remember the name of it. Only certain people can taste it. We were given tabs of it in highschool biology and oh could I ever taste it! Tasted like chewed up tylenol, so nasty I couldn't stand it, and others were chewing away on it unable to taste it at all.

it has a sharp weird taste to me, nothing like soap but more like extremely sharp cheese (like where it crumbles and is super dry) mixed with a lot of cheap, dried basil.

yes thats how I will discribe it, in small amounts like in pico de gallo i'll eat it but I knew a guy that put it in soup all the time and it grossed me out so bad.
#16 Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

it has a sharp weird taste to me, nothing like soap but more like extremely sharp cheese (like where it crumbles and is super dry) mixed with a lot of cheap, dried basil.

yes thats how I will discribe it, in small amounts like in pico de gallo i'll eat it but I knew a guy that put it in soup all the time and it grossed me out so bad.

That's really interesting, doesn't taste like that at all to me. I find it gives things a lovely, fresh flavor. "Fresh" being the only word I can figure out to use to describe it. Nothing like old cheese at all
#17 Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I love cilantro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

I also don't like bananas, especially not when they're really ripe.

Oh good, I'm not the only one! I absolutely HATE bananas, and everybody in my family thinks it's the weirdest thing. My mom will be making a smoothie, and I'll ask if she's put the banana in yet, so that way I can have it and not taste it.

Another time, her and I both got the same Jamba Juice, except I had asked mine without banana (it was the chocolate peanut butter kind). She tried mine and goes "It taste the same." I tried her and said "Ew, no way I can taste the banana!" She laughed.

When my friend found out about me hating bananas and we were talking about smoothies she said that she would put the banana in first and that way I couldn't have any.

I don't like cantaloupe either, but other than that, I'll eat almost everything else.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#18 Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 AM

Onions...they are soooo disgusting to me their smell taste texture just icky...

Thousand Island Dressing...just awful

Cinnamon....yuckeroo

Oatmeal Cookies...yuck!!
#19 Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, I also hate nuts. I'll eat cashews occasionally, or if I'm really hungry and all there is are nuts, then I'll eat them. I prefer to not deal with them at all (although I do like peanut butter).

Raspberries-yuck.

Not a huge fan of broccoli, but I'll eat it occasionally.

That's all I can think of now.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#20 Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Is hominy and beets considered a normal food? I think they are yuck. And cooked mushrooms I think are slimy and gross. I only like a few raw.

Asparagus is a veggie that I won't touch.
#21 Old 02-25-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

My mom does, too. She says it's weird and makes her gag. There're a handful of other foods she has the same reaction to. Personally, I always loved the texture of Jello. It's like nothing found in nature.

Well, it's sorta like cartilage....

Quote:

Dude. I'm not sure that Marmite counts as food, let alone "normal".

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#22 Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

OLIVES! I've only eaten one olive in my life, and it was disgusting! The smell makes me gag.
#23 Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Veggie Regular

mushrooms , uncooked tomatoes and uncooked carrots, celery....
#24 Old 02-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

The only thing I can think of is rosemary.
#25 Old 02-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Tofu scramble - I don't think it's totally disgusting, but IMO it's not as great as a lot of people say it is.

m8itcanw8.com
#26 Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

yep. vile vile soapy cat-urine and burned rubber tyres and very very stinky feet or socks that have been brewing their foulness for a few weeks. i can smell it from 30 feet across the fruit and veggies section of the supermarket. i have to hold my breath to go and get parsley. if you put a tiny bit in soup or stirfry or curry, the whole thing tastes like the stench of stale cat urine in a damp mouldy carpet. i'm fine with corriander seeds though. they taste like lemon. weirdness. yeah, i think i have the cilantro gene. i don't have the religion gene though. suits me fine- nothing wrong with me, its the rest of you who are all nuts for liking it.

there is a similar thing that we were told about in school, to do with breaking down sugars- like 1 person in 10 or 15, if they put a little bit of cheap white bread in their mouth and suck on it and let it go soggy, it doesn't go very sweet. or something. its to do with how much amylase they make.
#27 Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

:shocked:
#28 Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

the only thing I really cannot stand to eat is onions. The smell makes me nauseous.
#29 Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

List some foods that gross you out!

GUM. GROSSES ME OUT TO THE POINT WHERE I CANT WATCH MOVIES WITH PEOPLE CHEWING GUM WITHOUT GAGGING.

candy/drinks that are red or purple colored.

I hate gum and gum-chewing too. Absolutely cannot be around someone who is chewing it. Haven't ever met anyone else who felt as strongly about it as I do!!

I must have some sort of chemical sensitivity because if I smell candy, gum and drinks that are artificial watermelon or grape flavored it gives me an instant, intense and piercing headache. So while I don't really "hate" red-and-purple-colored candy and drinks, I do hate how they make me feel and try to avoid them or people eating them.
#30 Old 02-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Oatmeal. Yick!

And avocados. I'm trying to like them, but they won't stop being slimy and smooshy and just eew.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page