"Normal" foods you think are totally disgusting. - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

The only 'normal' food that makes me wretch is cooked celery. I like the taste of it but the texture makes me want to hurl.

Support your right to arm bears. ~Cleveland Amory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I hate gum and gum-chewing too. Absolutely cannot be around someone who is chewing it. Haven't ever met anyone else who felt as strongly about it as I do!!

I must have some sort of chemical sensitivity because if I smell candy, gum and drinks that are artificial watermelon or grape flavored it gives me an instant, intense and piercing headache. So while I don't really "hate" red-and-purple-colored candy and drinks, I do hate how they make me feel and try to avoid them or people eating them.

Yay! to be honest you're the only one I've met also, most people use it like a staple and its so disgusting.

I'm pretty sure it chases back to my childhood of trying to play under resturant tables and seeing all the gum, kids on the bus pulling out out of their mouth and playing with it, and the fact that I really hate minty or cinnamon flavored things so yuck. I am taking great restraint not to almost puke writing this! I just don't understand how people can chew gum all day long, there is a scene from Nick and Norahs infinate playlist you should definately not watch.. yuck
#33 Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Beginner

Lima beans are absolutely revolting to me; their taste, their texture, their smell. They taste/smell like the smell of sweetened stale foot odor, they feel all peely like snake skin my mouth and their squishy inside have the texture of tooth plaque. When I was little I used to get in fight with my parents over eating lima beans- they are that nasty. For a while, lima beans ruined cranberry juice for me, I used to love it when I was little, then after my parents tried to convince me eat lima beans by getting me to follow eat bite with juice I was absolutely disgusted by the beverage. I think lima beans are the reason I don't like Edamame- they're like crunchy, bright green lima beans. Once I had one of Amy's loaf dishes and I didn't know that they were lima beans in it, but when I found out I threw the whole thing out. If the lima beans can be picked out I'm okay, but otherwise no matter how good the dish is I just cannot get it down.

I'm not a big fan of peas, but I'll eat them if they are mixed into the dish to the point where I can't really taste/feel them. I don't really like black eye peas either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

I don't like cantaloupe either...

Count me in on that one, too. My husband loves cantaloupe, but I can't stand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Well, it's sorta like cartilage....

Okay, I guess that's true. Strangely enough, the thought of eating gristle on a steak or any other piece of meat always made me nauseous. Lucky me, my dad loves the grossest parts of pieces of meat (the bones and cartilage). I can't stand to be around him when he eats steak or fried chicken.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#35 Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned

Brussel sprouts are the Devil's testicles.
#36 Old 02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I wouldn't eat this anyways but mayonnaise has always me want to cry. Mustard also freaks me out. ewwwwww

Sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, and bbq flavored chips make me want to gag.
#37 Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

Brussel sprouts are the Devil's testicles.

Heh. I'm so getting that on a t-shirt.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#38 Old 02-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

OLIVES! I've only eaten one olive in my life, and it was disgusting! The smell makes me gag.

ill pretend i didnt read that
#39 Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

ill pretend i didnt read that

Sorry! But they are sooo nasty! I used to work at Subway and I nearly cried every time I had to pour olives from the giant olive jar into the smaller plastic containers. The smell was worse than anything I had ever experienced! EWWW.
#40 Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

the black olives are good. the other ones, i'm indifferent and can't eat a whole load of them cos they're quite bitter.
#41 Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliex1122 View Post

I wouldn't eat this anyways but mayonnaise has always me want to cry.

I'm with ya on that one. Everyone keeps telling me how great veganise is but I just can't do it. Mayo always repulsed me. The greasy texture and smell is nasty.

Eggs are also something I find vomit worthy. Raw eggs seriously look like snot and cooked eggs smell like farts. I start gagging when I see someone eating soft boiled or runny eggs.
#42 Old 02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliex1122 View Post

I wouldn't eat this anyways but mayonnaise has always me want to cry. Mustard also freaks me out. ewwwwww

Eww, I never ate mayonnaise before either. When I found out it was made out of eggs, I could never eat it again.

No sour cream for me either.

Vinegar (like on fries or something)

Sweet potatoes (I keep trying to like them, but I just don't )

Cooked bell peppers. I like them raw.

Nuts inside baked goods. I like them separate.

Polenta---eww, mush!! Gross, I tried that shortly after going veg.

Split pea soup--just LOOKS so gross I have no interest in it

Since going veg, I've actually become a lot less picky though.
#43 Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Eggs are also something I find vomit worthy. Raw eggs seriously look like snot and cooked eggs smell like farts.

This made me giggle.

Mostly because it's true
#44 Old 02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't stand cooked corn or bell peppers.

Actually, I have no love for corn at all.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#45 Old 02-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Raw white and yellow onions make me gag.
#46 Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Sweet relish
#47 Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I honestly can't think of any normal foods I would consider disgusting, although there are some which I would not miss if I were never to eat them again: cilantro (I'm missing that gene you need for it to taste good to you), sweet pickles or relish, licorice, jellybeans, coffee, cola, caramel...

I've heard of durian, a foul-smelling but sweet-tasting tropical fruit. And my Dad used to get a jar of (don't highlight this unless you have a STRONG stomach) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
pig's feet
on occasion... even in the days when I still ate meat, I never tried those. But I'm not sure either of those foods are considered "normal" in these parts (upstate New York).

Fyvel, I really wish I had the cilantro gene- from the way people who like it describe how it tastes to them, I know I'd just love it. But yes- it tastes soapy to me. I can eat food with cilantro, or even nibble a bit of it with a straight face. I just don't like it and think any dish would taste better if it were left out.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#48 Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

...licorice, jellybeans, coffee...

I'm on board with you on those. Actually the smell/taste of black licorice and coffee make me sick. Especially the coffee my dad makes. Something about it is stomach turning to me.

If I could never eat chocolate again, I doubt it would be an issue. I do like fudge, hot chocolate and hot fudge now and then, but I've never understood how someone could be a chocoholic the way my mom used to be.

#49 Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I've heard of durian, a foul-smelling but sweet-tasting tropical fruit.

I remember watching an episode of Bizarre Foods and Andrew Zimmern couldn't even eat durian and that guy eats every other disgusting food on the planet!
#50 Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I have always hated

"'cream of'' mushroom (or anything else) soups

mayonnaise

potato salad, because it is made with mayonnaise

pasta salads made with mayonnaise. especially KFC ones ugh

relish

cheese whiz

egg salad

tuna sandwiches. i have NEVER eaten one in my life because they look and smell so disgusting. probably becaues of the mayonnaise in them ugh *shudder*

kraft dinner with ketchup on it ughh

any type of pop/soda beverages

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#51 Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

I have always hated

"'cream of'' mushroom (or anything else) soups

mayonnaise

potato salad, because it is made with mayonnaise

pasta salads made with mayonnaise. especially KFC ones ugh

relish

cheese whiz

egg salad

tuna sandwiches. i have NEVER eaten one in my life because they look and smell so disgusting. probably becaues of the mayonnaise in them ugh *shudder*

kraft dinner with ketchup on it ughh

any type of pop/soda beverages

Ew gross--any type of "salad"--potato, chicken, tuna, macaroni, egg, whatever. Always grossed me out too because of the mayonnaise. Blech.

When I was little, my Mom was forcing me to eat potato salad. I was at the kitchen table with the timer on... I drank so much Koolaid to drown out the flavor, that the Koolaid/potato salad came back up all over the kitchen table. She never made me eat it again though

And yes, tuna in general just smells foul. I never got into that.

Another one for the relish.

Deviled eggs. I used to eat just the whites. The hard boiled yolks grossed me out, and then especially if it's mixed with other stuff.
#52 Old 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM

Being vegan, anything non-vegan instantly goes on my list. I caved once and had some non-veg cupcakes on my birthday party this Friday, and I still feel sick from them. =[[

So, other than the obvious, I can't stand::

Peas

Red Onions

ANYTHING FROM A CAN

Pears

Apples

Green Grapes

Endive

Dill

Caraway Seeds (I will NOT eat soda bread if it has these things in it. )

Licorice

Sweet Potatoes

And I think that covers it.
#53 Old 02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I remember watching an episode of Bizarre Foods and Andrew Zimmern couldn't even eat durian and that guy eats every other disgusting food on the planet!

durian's not a disgusting food. it's actually nice and sweet, it just smells horrendous. In indonesia they would sell durian in the markets and my mother wouldn't be able to buy meat from a market selling it cause it smelled too much like rotting flesh?!?!?!
#54 Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Beginner

Licorice & Onions D:
#55 Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

I'm on board with you on those. Actually the smell/taste of black licorice and coffee make me sick. Especially the coffee my dad makes. Something about it is stomach turning to me.

oh gross, my mom used to eat black licorice on car trips & i always had my head out the window, the smell makes me want to vomit.

Then about a week ago my brother opened a package of GRAPE LICORICE in the car, I about died. It smelt like purple kool-aid + black licorice.

O/T a little but does anyone else hate the black licorice flavor but still like yager bombs? I was completely offput by them until I tried them once.. they taste like cola, not like liquid black licorice when you mix it with the redbull.

I don't like caramel either.
#56 Old 02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

also as i've gotten older I totally hate any kind of hard candy, or sour candy or any kind of gummy whatever candy, I only eat expensive chocolate on occasion and hersey or anything like the wonka candies gross me out, I ate some fun dip on valentines & that was probably the first candy I had like that in like 3 years, all the sugar made me feel sick.
#57 Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought of something else. Bubblegum ice cream (or anything else bubblegum flavored or scented). Horrifying.

My SIL had bubblegum ice cream for one of her kids' birthdays several months ago and I thought I was going to puke right there at the table. The kids loved it, though. Go figure.

#58 Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

i absolutely CANNOT STAND black licorice. most disgusting thing EVER, imo. My mom and the bf love it though, which I will never understand. I like most everything else people in here have mentioned though I'm not the biggest fan of radishes, but I'm okay if they're in really small doses. I really dislike pickled beets, though. That's another thing my mom loves that I'll never understand.

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#59 Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I HATE mushrooms. Everything to do with them. And raisins. Cauliflower, celery, olives, kidney beans, brown beans, anything super hot/spicey, carrots cooked in the mic (pretty much any veg cooked in the mic), cooked peas, brussel sprouts, vinegar, italian dressing, polenta, split pea soup, black licorice, lime flavoured candy and drinks, majority of soft drinks, sweet pickles, christmas loaf, coffee beans (like, chocolate covered ones etc), strong/black coffee (needs to be flavoured), parsley. There may be others.
#60 Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Banned

oh yeah- licorice is foul. so is aniseed. and mint flavoured anything. i can eat mint leaves off the plant, but mint jelly, minty toothpaste, gum, etc- blargh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page