My totally unique and vegetarian christmas eve :D - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I LOVE my family for being so supportive. For our christmas eve dinner this year(my first one as a vegetarian) my mum actually SUGGESTED having it at a hotel's chinese vegetarian restaurant! And my (meat loving) brother and dad agreed!

So instead of them stuffing themselves with rotting flesh, we had an amazing steamboat buffet. It was so fun because we were just dumping plates of juicy mushrooms and vegetables and noodles and mock meats into the pot and jabbing at the food with chopsticks. And there were eggless cakes and cookies as well as various tim sum and sweet pastries too. mmm.

Much better than me picking at salad leaves and getting nauseated at the sight of my family chewing on dead turkey and minced cow.

best thing of all, they all agreed that the food was tasty! next best thing? after the buffet, my dad suggested getting a carl's jr burger for my brother's supper , but i convinced them to eat some yummy animal-friendly sweet bean fillled pastries instead!

I love christmas this year :]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

that's excellent that you have such a supportive family and that they're willing to go completely veg*n for meals, too. the chinese food sounds yummy. i wanted to treat myself with some today but i'm getting it tomorrow.
#3 Old 12-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Great news!! Yay for you and your family!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdelene91 View Post

best thing of all, they all agreed that the food was tasty! next best thing? after the buffet, my dad suggested getting a carl's jr burger for my brother's supper , but i convinced them to eat some yummy animal-friendly sweet bean fillled pastries instead!

had your brother not just finished eating at the restaurant with you and your parents? why would he need another supper when he just had one?
#5 Old 12-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoTheTyrant View Post

had your brother not just finished eating at the restaurant with you and your parents? why would he need another supper when he just had one?

He's probably got hollow legs.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#6 Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 AM

Awesome

Peace Love and Happiness

jenn
#7 Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Very cool
#8 Old 12-26-2008, 06:59 AM

It sounded great.
#9 Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoTheTyrant View Post

He's 14 and a 'growing boy' who has to eat every couple of hours, lest he die of starvation
#10 Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I know about the brother thing. I grew up with two big brothers who had to eat every few hours just like babies do. It's nice that your family was so thoughtful, and I'm glad your Christmas Eve dinner was such a good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page