Vegan Cupcakes take over the World! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

So I started baking last night. I don't know what came over me because I normally hate to cook but yesterday I turned into a cooking fool.

I made the pumpkin cupcakes (don't have the full name, the book is at home and I am not) from this book and they were delish! I did leave out the chocolate chips because chocolate and pumpkin sounds disgusting to me. I highly recommend these. Next on my list is the Gingerbread cupcakes.

So what is your favorite cupcake from the book? I want to start testing out many kinds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a big fan of the basic chocolate with chocolate frosting. I'm going to make it, soon, using cold coffee (freshly brewed, and chilled) in place of the soy milk in there, and make myself some mocha cupcakeses!
#3 Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekajoi View Post

I'm a big fan of the basic chocolate with chocolate frosting. I'm going to make it, soon, using cold coffee (freshly brewed, and chilled) in place of the soy milk in there, and make myself some mocha cupcakeses!

ohhh that sounds good. I do love the basic vanilla, I just eat those plain.

I forgot to mention the cinnamon frosting that you can make for the pumpkin cupcakes was really good. Usually frosting is too sweet for me but a little bit of this on the pumpkin cupcake was perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Peanut butter cupcakes utterly rock! I make them with sugar and wholemeal flour and they taste amazing...all moist and wonderful...my 2yo loves them and they are a great way of getting nut butter into her!

Clarexxx
#5 Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Veggie Regular

We had the gingerbread cupcakes with lemony butter cream for Christmas last year (time flies). My BIL ate like 3 (or maybe even 4?!) of them I was actually afraid he might get sick from sugar/fat overdose, then blame it on the recipe being vegan!

The simple vanilla and agave nectar cupcakes are a favorite too, just like the hazelnut cupcakes. I make them Linzer torte style, spread with redcurrant jelly, rim dipped into finely chopped nuts. Both yum and pretty.
#6 Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I was looking at this cookbook in the store yesterday... I didn't buy it, but now I'm wishing I did!! Yum Yum!
#7 Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Veggie Regular

The vanilla are my favorite, too....and everyone's favorite where I work! They request them at least every other week!

The chocolate were surprisingly good IMO, as I am not a chocolate cake lover, ordinarily.

I also made the Tiramisu which came out awesome!
#8 Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm all about the basic chocolate ones, though the next that I am going to try (and probably fall in love) will be the Elvis cupcakes.
#9 Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I just received this book yesterday in the mail from my dad! I want to try all the cupcakes, but I think first I will try the cookies and cream ones. The picture made me drool!
#10 Old 11-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh the pumpkin chocolate cupcakes are amazing!! I can't believe you left out the chocolate! It's soooo yummy. I thought it sounded weird too but it's not. It's divine.

Pic

[attachment=7678:Pumpkin Cupcakes2.jpg]
LL
#11 Old 11-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular

My favourite so far are the green tea cupcakes! My omni sister loves them so much she wants me to make a big green tea cake for her birthday!

here's a pic:
LL
#12 Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

OMG I've been gazing longingly at the photos in the cookbook since yesterday. They all look so good! I have to finish the vegan cheesecake cupcakes that I made myself the other day before I try any of the cupcakes from this book. Well I don't HAVE to, but I should
#13 Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

Oh the pumpkin chocolate cupcakes are amazing!! I can't believe you left out the chocolate! It's soooo yummy. I thought it sounded weird too but it's not. It's divine.

Pic

Attachment 13456

Your frosting looks much fancier then mine. I just spread it on with a knife!

Maybe I will try the chocolate chips in them at some point, I just absolutely love how they taste without now!
#14 Old 11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

OMG I've been gazing longingly at the photos in the cookbook since yesterday. They all look so good! I have to finish the vegan cheesecake cupcakes that I made myself the other day before I try any of the cupcakes from this book. Well I don't HAVE to, but I should

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm vegan cheesecake cupcakes? Where did you get that recipe from?
#15 Old 11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwysca View Post

My favourite so far are the green tea cupcakes! My omni sister loves them so much she wants me to make a big green tea cake for her birthday!

here's a pic:

Those are one of the ones I immediately knew I must have when I got the book.

I just made and decorated 36 cupcakes (12 choco, 12 vanilla, 12 cookies n' cream) for spastastic kids at a fall festival. I still have buttercream left over in my fridge.

I've not yet been able to make any for myself. :sniffle:
#16 Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwysca View Post

here's a pic:

These do look really yummy, I just am not even sure where to get green tea powder from. Until I can find that I will have to live without green tea cupcakes.
#17 Old 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm vegan cheesecake cupcakes? Where did you get that recipe from?

I took the recipe for Apricot "Cheesecake" from La Dolce Vegan and made it into cupcake form . I cut the recipe in half and it was enough for exactly 12 cupcakes. I just pressed the crust into the bottom of cupcake liners and topped with the cheesecake mixture, then adjusted the baking time. When they were done, I topped them with a spoonful of strawberry glaze (I didn't have apricot preserves). They are SO GOOD, and portable so I can bring them in my lunch!
#18 Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I took the recipe for Apricot "Cheesecake" from La Dolce Vegan and made it into cupcake form . I cut the recipe in half and it was enough for exactly 12 cupcakes. I just pressed the crust into the bottom of cupcake liners and topped with the cheesecake mixture, then adjusted the baking time. When they were done, I topped them with a spoonful of strawberry glaze (I didn't have apricot preserves). They are SO GOOD, and portable so I can bring them in my lunch!

I have that recipe book so I will have to try it! You are very recipe savvy to be able to do that. Thanks!
#19 Old 11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Veggie Regular

The cookies n cream cupcakes are delicious!!!!
#20 Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

the rum raisin cupcakes are so

i took some to work a while ago and even people that hate raisins liked them!
#21 Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

All the ones I tried so far were SO good:

Choc with PB icing

Cookies and Cream

Banana Split

Margarita

More to try too!! mmmm!
#22 Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Your frosting looks much fancier then mine. I just spread it on with a knife!

Maybe I will try the chocolate chips in them at some point, I just absolutely love how they taste without now!

Haha we're talkin about these in two threads. funny

I actually have an icing set but it's currently MIA so I just did the old baggie cut off tip trick and drizzled it on cause, like you, I'm not a huge fan of super sweet things. I adored this icing though and I usually hate icing.
#23 Old 11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Haha we're talkin about these in two threads. funny

I actually have an icing set but it's currently MIA so I just did the old baggie cut off tip trick and drizzled it on cause, like you, I'm not a huge fan of super sweet things. I adored this icing though and I usually hate icing.

I always think about doing this but in the end it is just easier to spread it on with a knife. The icing is really delish for this!
#24 Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my GOD. Has anyone made the maple cupcakes with creamy maple frosting and sugared walnuts??? I have some in the oven right now, but I can't stop eating the sugared walnuts, they're almost the best thing I've ever tasted in my LIFE! And SO EASY! I'm worried there won't be any left to sprinkle on my cupcakes LOL!
#25 Old 11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh my GOD. Has anyone made the maple cupcakes with creamy maple frosting and sugared walnuts??? I have some in the oven right now, but I can't stop eating the sugared walnuts, they're almost the best thing I've ever tasted in my LIFE! And SO EASY! I'm worried there won't be any left to sprinkle on my cupcakes LOL!

ohhhhhhhhhhh, no I haven't but I am getting some maple syrup tomorrow so I should be able to try it!

Let us know how they turn out once they are out of the oven and you have tried the entire cupcake is together (and eaten of course)!

I made the pumpkin cupcakes again but with chocolate chips this time. Oh yes, they are delectable.
#26 Old 11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I just came here to start a thread like this! I just made the gingerbread cupcakes and they are awesome!

My favourite overall are the Walnut, Carrot, Raisin ones... can't remember their proper name. Out of all the cupcakes in VCTOTW those are the ones that I will crave, crave, crave!

Also wanted to say that a lot of these cupcakes take great without any of the fancy toppings, so if you can't get the ingredients to make the toppings then don't worry about it, make the cupcakes anyway!

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#27 Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday_12 View Post

I just came here to start a thread like this! I just made the gingerbread cupcakes and they are awesome!

My favourite overall are the Walnut, Carrot, Raisin ones... can't remember their proper name. Out of all the cupcakes in VCTOTW those are the ones that I will crave, crave, crave!

Also wanted to say that a lot of these cupcakes take great without any of the fancy toppings, so if you can't get the ingredients to make the toppings then don't worry about it, make the cupcakes anyway!

excellent! the gingerbread ones are on my list since we are in the holiday season. I am glad to hear they rock!
#28 Old 11-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

ohhhhhhhhhhh, no I haven't but I am getting some maple syrup tomorrow so I should be able to try it!

Let us know how they turn out once they are out of the oven and you have tried the entire cupcake is together (and eaten of course)!

I made the pumpkin cupcakes again but with chocolate chips this time. Oh yes, they are delectable.

You made them with chocolate? Awesome!! We've been talking about them all week and I think I need to make some more this weekend. I love how you take a bite and it's just pumpkin and then the next it's pumpkin-chocolate. Sooooo good Glad you liked them!
#29 Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You made them with chocolate? Awesome!! We've been talking about them all week and I think I need to make some more this weekend. I love how you take a bite and it's just pumpkin and then the next it's pumpkin-chocolate. Sooooo good Glad you liked them!

I thought the chocolate would be overpowering in the cupcake but it really wasn't. The flavors complemented each other! Thanks for talking me into it, I should never doubt the recipe makers.

I do have to say they are delectable without the chocolate too, for anyone who would want to try them that way.
#30 Old 11-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I thought the chocolate would be overpowering in the cupcake but it really wasn't. The flavors complemented each other! Thanks for talking me into it, I should never doubt the recipe makers.

I do have to say they are delectable without the chocolate too, for anyone who would want to try them that way.

Yes, never doubt Isa and Terry... at least when it comes to cupcakes, lol. And it is fun to make things differently. I may make them without chocolate this weekend just to try it. Mmmm pumpkin cupcakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page