VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Food Discussions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/)
-   -   Purely Decadent. (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/89454-purely-decadent.html)

almond 10-26-2008 02:30 PM

Have you tried the brand? What's your favorite flavor?

Mine is the Turtle Trails... it's heaven, I swear.

ReaganNC 10-26-2008 02:45 PM

I have tried the vanilla and the cookies & cream (whatever the actual name is, it is cookies and cream). Both were excellent--cookie avalanche! That's what it's called. Anyway, I am so wanting to try the Purely Decadent with coconut milk, but I can't find any place around here that sells it.

AberrantBliss 10-26-2008 02:46 PM

Ahh! I just bought this the other day! I only tried one flavor, but I loved it! It was Mocha Almond Fudge. Delicious! I never really liked ice cream but it didn't taste like ice cream so that was good. It tasted like frozen coffee which is super good! Yummyy!!!

<3<3

karenlovessnow 10-26-2008 03:30 PM

My vote goes to Mocha Almond Fudge. Next is Turtle Trails and Peanut Butter Zig Zag.

I haven't found a vanilla flavor in any brand that I like. I used to be a vanilla girl.

jeneticallymodified 10-26-2008 04:19 PM

peanut butter zigzag: 9.95/10- almost perfect, a smidge more chocolate and peanut butter wouldn't hurt though.

mocha almond fudge: 9/10- creaminess and coffeeness is great, could use more fudge and bigger almondy bits.

cherry nirvana: 8.5/10- flavour is delicious, cherries and chocolate bits are fab but a bit sparse, icecream isn't creamy enough- its a bit like a very tasty milky sorbet.

rabid_child 10-26-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

peanut butter zigzag: 9.95/10- almost perfect, a smidge more chocolate and peanut butter wouldn't hurt though.

mocha almond fudge: 9/10- creaminess and coffeeness is great, could use more fudge and bigger almondy bits.

cherry nirvana: 8.5/10- flavour is delicious, cherries and chocolate bits are fab but a bit sparse, icecream isn't creamy enough- its a bit like a very tasty milky sorbet.

Bleh... I can't eat the cherry nirvana. Tastes like cough syrup to me! It's sad because I loved Cherry Garcia!!

PlaybackGuru 10-26-2008 08:11 PM

I have to say the Coconut Milk Mint Chip is the bees knees!

jeneticallymodified 10-26-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

Bleh... I can't eat the cherry nirvana. Tastes like cough syrup to me! It's sad because I loved Cherry Garcia!!

hmmmm. i should try it with cough syrup drizzled on it, perhaps. could start a trend.

ReaganNC 10-27-2008 02:06 PM

Is it sad that I am thinking the cherry flavored Nyquil might just taste good on the vanilla ice cream? Not that I am planning to try it (maybe if I get sick) *cough cough*

rabid_child 10-27-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

hmmmm. i should try it with cough syrup drizzled on it, perhaps. could start a trend.

Oh ew. Though they say cough syrup does nothing to control coughs -- might as well use it for SOMETHING.

FitChick99 10-27-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

I have to say the Coconut Milk Mint Chip is the bees knees!

I haven't seen that one! I will definitely have to treat myself if I do though.

KAnn 10-30-2008 02:12 AM

My favorite used to be the mint chip (coconut milk), but now the mocha almond fudge (also coconut milk) is very close! I did not care for the soy or rice based desserts but made with coconut milk, I never miss ice cream!

PneumaticJawz78 11-02-2008 09:31 AM

Cookies and cream, definitely.

ashlend 11-02-2008 10:32 AM

Peanut butter zigzag is incredible, chocolate obsession is also really delicious. I have to admit, I didn't like the vanilla. I'm still looking for the perfect vanilla soy ice cream. Vanilla was my favorite ice cream flavor and pure, creamy vanilla ice cream is definitely something I really miss.