Goji Berry Juice - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I recently bought a small jar of 100% goji juice liquid at a health food store. I've heard of the wonderful health benefits it provides, but is it true? Does anybody else take it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Having a varied diet is important to getting rare micro nutrients, so goji berries would be a good thing to eat, but I would not personally take them as medicine and hope that any health situations you might have would be cured.
#3 Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I prefer the actual berries which I get dried and add to some seeds and nuts for a trail mix. I think you tend to lose many of the actual beneficial nutrients the berries may provide when they're juiced and processed as the skin and pulp contain a lot of antioxidants.

I'm far from an expert on the subject but I recall reading excerpts from a few studies that were fairly inconclusive about the actual health benefits of goji although it's use is fairly widespread in traditional Chinese medicine.

Support your right to arm bears. ~Cleveland Amory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, they are awesome. I have the regular dried berries and add them to my smoothies. All the stuff claimed that they can do may not be true, but they sure can do a lot for example:

Neuroprotective effects

Help protect against Glaucome

may prevent the development of complications or even tendency to carcinogenesis

Scientific evidence of goji berries aphrodisiac claims

Anti-tumor effects

Increase blood production after irridation or chemotheropy

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#5 Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks! And the stuff I bought is actually the entire berry made into a juice (skin, meat, seeds and seed oils). I wanted to use it more as a supplement and just wondered if it was worth it, and to see if it helped with some health issues to an extent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page