Anyone else with gluten allergy? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-08-2008, 04:55 PM

So I have a gluten allergy that I used to be able to put on the back burner and eat around. However, now that I'm not eating meat, my diet has become limited. I've been eating some pasta and whatnot, but the GI side effects are becoming...not that great. I can eat gluten about once a month, and that is is.

So, does anyone have any ideas about a good diet that doesn't include gluten or meat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

You can get some pretty good brown rice, corn, and quinoa pastas that are gluten free and continue to enjoy pasta dishes! You could do rice and beans, veggie stir fries with tofu, tempeh wings and mashed potatoes and veggies, buy gluten free pizza crusts (we've got 'em at the coop) and make pizzas, make veggie or lentil or minestrone or split pea soups, hummus and veggie wraps with corn tortillas, vegetarian sushi, falafals with tahini sauce served over a nice salad, grilled vegetable towers with portabello mushrooms, eggplant, onions, and peppers, some tacos with tvp or lentils with taco sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese/soy cheddar, avocado and salsa, polenta with a hearty vegetable and tomato sauce -- there's all kinds of things you can still enjoy, you just may have to think outside the box a little bit!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

there's all kinds of things you can still enjoy, you just may have to think outside the box a little bit!

Yeah, not so good about being creative with food. it scares me...to the point where i have to make everything seperately - stir fry would just blow my mind. Thanks for the help though, you gave me some great ideas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned

am i misreading this- or did you say you're scared of putting ingredients together? why?
#5 Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 PM

I am a disaster in the kitchen. I'm not kidding. I set a glass top stove on fire while boiling water.

I have IBS like you freaking read about, so I'm generally very careful about what I put in my food. I have no idea how to cook. At all. When i ate meat, I cooked things to a crisp b/c i have no idea what makes it safe.

So it boils down to the fact that I just don't know how to cook.
#6 Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned

ah, well, thats fixable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page