VeggieBoards banner

QUICK! need tofu help STAT!

911 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  KomatsuQueen75 
#1 ·
I'm just about to make a thai red curry. I have tofu of medium firmness in the fridge. I'm humming & hawing over whether to pan fry the tofu BEFORE throwing it in the curry, or if I should just cube it up as-is and toss it in near the end.

So: Pan fry first, or toss in near the end?

Thanks in advance!!

#3 ·
i'd probably pan-fry it first, after making sure the tofu was completely drained, to lessen the chance of it crumbling in the curry.

#9 ·
I never cook cook tofu with a stir fry. I had too many bad experiences early on with it breaking up. I often bake tofu on the weekend with a marinade for use during the week. That way it's still quick and convenient for a weekday meal. Otherwise, i dirty a separate pan.

#10 ·
Actually, I had both and done both. Both are yummy, to me that is. It depends on the texture I want that day. If it's tofu without frying, I just let it simmer in whatever I'm cooking, and it soaks up the flavor. If I pan fry tofu first, I throw it in at the last minute. Both is so yummy if done right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.