I'm very much into Eastern European culture borscht (Борщ, если, вы говорите по-русски
) has been a favorite of mine. This recipe I'm putting up is not the typical borscht. It's loaded. Enjoy!
Sour Cream (if you aren't vegan)
1. Bring a pot of water with a bit of salt to a good boil.
2. Chop up all your veggies and put them in a strainer. Make sure to chop the beets up really well.
3. Add all of this at once, and stir.
4. Add some thyme, salt and a bit of onion powder.
5. Let it simmer, stirring every now and then, until the veggies are soft and the broth has a nice red color.
6. Put some in a bowl and top with sour cream.
*Amounts are subjective to individual preference.