Breakfast - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 AM

I need some ideas on things to eat for breakfast... I rarely eat breakfast and I know.. its the most important meal of the day, yada yada yada. But I really have no idea what to eat, besides the basic bowl of cereal... any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Nothing like a classic tofu scramble! Also there is an awesome vegan French toast recipe on the recipe section of these forums!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/f...play.php?f=147

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
#3 Old 07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

It really depends on the sort of foods you like.

For me a breakfast could be a banana and a cup of coffee,

a tofu scramble,

a bean and rice burrito

or my current favorite:

Nature's path psyllium cereal with some organic yogurt, milled flax seeds and frozen raspberries. It only takes about 3 minutes to assemble, but it's the most decadent breakfast!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Most days I eat a cup of organic non-fat plain yogurt (or you can do any kind of yogurt) with half a cup of granola and half a cup of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) mixed in.

On the weekends I like oatmeal with raisins,walnuts, ground flaxseed, and cinnamon.

Sometimes I'll make a smoothie, or have toast with fruit jam or hummus.
#5 Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Eek
Veggie Regular

yesterday I had grapefruit and tried some toast with nutritional yeast sprinkled on top - it was really good .

Pancakes are good, especially if you can use a mix and just add one or two ingredients to cook them up quick ... or make some ahead and freeze them to reheat in the toaster oven or microwave ....waffles are good like this too

raisin bread toast, bagel or english muffin with peanut butter and banana slices.

a quickbread slice or a muffin with some fruit or nut butter
#6 Old 07-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I really don't see much difference in breakfast food than any other food. I tend to eat a heartier breakfast than I do lunch with dinner often "grazing." I don't like a breakfast that requires a lot of preparation time.

Don't laugh but my top favorite breakfast food is bean soup. I make a big pot of bean soup, put about a cup worth in a bowl, and heat it up. Maybe I have a piece of toast too. It is a substantial breakfast and gives me lots of energy.

If I am really rushed, I have toast with peanut butter, and fresh or dried fruit (like a hand full of raisins, or an apple). Pretty soon the tomatoes will be ripening and I have grapes and blackberries outside so I will make some jelly or jam. Basically, I go for carbs (for quick energy) some protein (beans, or peanut butter to last you till lunch).

I just made a great simple bean soup with portabella mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and a bit of olive oil. Very Italian. I'll be eating that for breakfast all next week.

Basically, You can eat anything for breakfast, not just breakfast food. Cereal companies brainwashed people into doing that, but I don't see why it is necessary.
#7 Old 07-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

i usually alternate these:

--oatmeal with maple syrup

--tofu scramble wrap

--ezekiel raisin bread, lightly toasted with cashew butter

--some kind of cereal w/ soymilk (trying to cut down on cereal)

--sometimes i'll have an egg (cage-free) over-medium w/ sauteed shrooms on a slice of focaccia w/ pesto. if i'm feeling industrious
#8 Old 07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Tofu scramble with home-fried potatoes and green chile sauce in tortilla.

Rice pudding - made ahead of time, eaten cold.

Toasted corn tortilla with mashed beans and melted "cheese" of your choice.
#9 Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM

Thanks everyone!! I definately want to try the yogurt with berries, that sounds so yummy!
#10 Old 07-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

rice with syrup also works and is cheap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page