Vegannaise - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay, so I FINALLY tried Vegannaise last night!! Holy shizz!! It's freaking delish!! I can't get over it!! Anyhoo, now I'm looking for recipes using Vegannaise. Potatoe salad would be awesome and anything else you use it on!! Thanks!! Peace & Love!!

P.S. I did a search but found no threads like this. If there IS one please post the link for me and Mods you can close this if I double posted. Thanks!! Peace & Love!! Muah!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I use it for pasta salad, but I don't have a recipe. I just mix veganaise and vinegar with some little veggies and cooked pasta. It's all added to taste so you can add all you want
#3 Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

It is so delicious. I don't understand why people needt o use regular mayo when Veganaise is so readily available and delicious! I am addicted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Veganaise is the greatest thing in history. If you have La Dolce Vegan, try making the Creamy Fiesta Dressing from the salad section. ZOMG. It's incredible. I also like to dip oven fries into it, or have it for breakfast with toast an hummus. Yummmmmm.
#5 Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes I'm also in love with Vegganaise!!!
#6 Old 06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Love It!
#7 Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Michael's mock tuna salad recipe is the absolute best thing in the world with vegenaise.

After I discovered it a few years ago, I have not bought a single other kind of mayo.

vegenaise!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#8 Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Michael's mock tuna salad recipe is the absolute best thing in the world with vegenaise.

After I discovered it a few years ago, I have not bought a single other kind of mayo.

vegenaise!

That recipe was my whole reason for buying it in the first place but I have yet to try it!!

E.T.A.--I bet potato salad is to die for using it!! Has anyone made a potato salad with it?
#9 Old 06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Chickpea salad

i LOVE this stuff! I could eat it everyday, it's so good in a tortilla with cucumber and spinach! Yum!

Tortilla or pita

chickpeas (1 can)

mustard (1 tbsp)

soy mayonnaise (1-1.5 Tbsp)

pickle relish (1.2-1 Tbsp)

Spinach

Cucumber (1.5 cups cubed)

Tomatoes

Put the chickpeas, mustard, mayonnaise, and pickle relish (or whatever you would typically make meat salads with) in a bowl and mash with a fork into a lumpy consistency (should have texture, not smooth like hummous). Mix in cucumbers.

Eat in a tortilla or pita with spinach and tomatoes.

Makes about 3-4 servings.
#10 Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

yes, ive made potato salad. or maybe veganaise salad w/ a garnish of potato stuffs. :P

i havent tried it, but i know pple use it for dressing, by thinnning it down...like into a ranch type dressing.
#11 Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Funny thing about Vegannaise - I found it at the SuperStore and almost bought it, except that I knew my boyfriend would have a nit-fit if he found it in the fridge. He IS correct in stating that a lot of vegan alternative foods are over-processed. But after making him read the ingredients he goes, "yeah, that's pretty much okay. It's probably healthier than miracle whip."

I'm hoping to try some soon!
#12 Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Vegannaise is great stuff!
#13 Old 06-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Nick; I posted a macaroni salad on my blog that uses Vegenaise and have a potato salad on there somewhere too, just search (my connection's too slow right now...).

Tofu-NOT-Egg salad is so easy too.

Mash some firm tofu with V'gnaise, add a couple Tbsp. VERY finely chopped onion, sweet-pickle, celery.

Mix with V'gnaise to the consistency of egg salad.

Season to taste with celery salt, a couple drops of vinegar, some yellow mustard, and pepper. (If you have it, some India Black Salt adds an eggy flavor that will totally fool most egg-eaters!)

YUM!

... My gosh though, any recipe traditionally calling for mayonnaise would work: potato salad, macaroni salad, sandwiches, burgers, "ranch" dip, dressings, coleslaw, ... just google "potato salad" or whatever you want...
#14 Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

(*whispers*) That's Vegenaise, btw. If you make the egg salad, mail some to me.
#15 Old 07-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes! Macaroni Salad or potato salad with Vegenaise rocks!! But you wanna know a really really good use for it? Mix Vegenaise with a big ol spoonful of "21 Seasoning Salute" from Trader Joe's, stir it up, and dip your steamed artichoke into it. LOOOVE!

Someone- please try and lemme know what you think.
#16 Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 AM

I've never heard of Veganaise... I definately want to try it soon, is there a special place to find it or is it at most grocery stores?
#17 Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Amber, it's available at most health-food stores, Whole Foods and a *few* regular grocery stores in the U.S. I have no idea about other countries.
#18 Old 07-05-2008, 02:38 PM

at this store roots i once got a vegan chicken salad that was made with that. it was so good, even my meat-eating boyfriend loved it!!
#19 Old 07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Ankle Biter

Now that we're getting local tomatoes, I eat a tomato sandwich nearly every day for lunch - whole wheat bread, vegenaise, several thick slices of very ripe tomato with black pepper, sprouts and dark green lettuce. Add a slice of ripe cantaloupe, and that's a heavenly lunch!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#20 Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Now that we're getting local tomatoes, I eat a tomato sandwich nearly every day for lunch - whole wheat bread, vegenaise, several thick slices of very ripe tomato with black pepper, sprouts and dark green lettuce. Add a slice of ripe cantaloupe, and that's a heavenly lunch!

I agree, best sandwich ever!
#21 Old 07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Fred Meyer has a health food section that's very useful. They have vegannaise. Yay!
#22 Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrple View Post

Fred Meyer has a health food section that's very useful. They have vegannaise. Yay!

I was just there tonight to get some in fact!!
#23 Old 07-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

i can't find vegenaise anywhere. apparently WF's stopped carrying it and Kroger doesn't either. i haven't looked at Randall's yet, but i doubt they would carry it. they are about as veg friendly as a steak house..
#24 Old 07-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Veggie Regular

mmMMmmm veganaise. This stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. When I became vegan I thought I was doomed to live a life without mayo. I tried other brands of vegan mayo before veganaise, and I found them all gross! Veganaise is lovely!
#25 Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber_Cullen View Post

I've never heard of Veganaise... I definately want to try it soon, is there a special place to find it or is it at most grocery stores?

Just a note: Veganaise won't be on a shelf in an aisle. It will likely be in the produce section and refrigerated.

Veganaise is to mayonaise as Nayonaise is to Miracle Whip (in case your a fan on one over the other)
#26 Old 07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I just found this thread after posting this question in another one... Which Vegenaise do y'all get. I've seen an original, a grapseed oil one, and and expeller pressed one. Not sure which one to get. Which one is the most yummy?

Thanks in advance
#27 Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I've always purchased the Original. Never tried the other kinds.
#28 Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM

I've only really used it on sandwiches, but I heard it's really good on a lot of things... I had a friend who said she put it on pizza and you don't even miss the cheese. (although I don't really miss the cheese the way it is)
#29 Old 07-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Beginner

I always get the grapeseed one.
#30 Old 07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Tofu-N-Sprouts Macaroni salad rocks, you should make that with it!

I'm very happy to have found out an omni friend of mine picked up some vegenaise recently and had to tell me how much he like it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page