VeggieBoards banner

Help, need packed lunch ideas....FAST!

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  vigilant20 
#1 ·
I know there are tons of recipes for lunchtime meals but I need ideas for packed lunches to take away. I have a three day convention at a football stadium to attend this weekend and have to take lunch for all my family. The children are happy with junk (which is ok by me for a weekend), the husband will have dead things in bread and I'm stuck for lunch ideas for me that can be prepared at 7am quickly and that won't end up with soggy, limp lettuce and wet bread. I will be taking a cool bag but space is limited and I also need to take drinks etc.

When I'm at home, I just eat soup or something on toast at lunchtime and that'll be hard to do in a football stadium!!

I am not vegan and not particularly fussy but really, really do not want cheese sarnies for three days

HELP!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want to avoid the sogginess factor with sandwiches, you could always pack the lettuce (and other salady stuff) in a separate container and assemble just before eating.

You could always bring a salad in a sealed container instead of sandwiches, or pack some leftovers from the night before. Soup or veggie chili keeps well in a thermos.

#4 ·
Make hoummus and falafel the day before. Pack each in seperate airtight contianiers. These will not need refridgeration. Pack another container with a mixed green salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber. Buy a packet of pita breads. When its lunch time, assemble falafel (falafel, hommous, salad) in split-pita breads. Bring along a bottle of tabasco for a kick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.