I'm amazed. I made tofu I actually like! I've tried it so many times, and while I think it's okay, it has always been a little bland to me.
I found it in Vegetarian Times, and I thought I would share.
(measurements are slightly changed from original recipe)
Orange-Chipotle Glazed Tofu
1/2 cup orange juice
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 Tsp rice vinegar
1 Tsp seeded & minced chipotle in adobo sauce
1 Tsp adobo sauce
1 package extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced width-wise into eight slices
1. Stir together all of the ingredients except tofu in a small bowl.
2. Place tofu in a shallow dish and pour 1/4 cup of orange mixture over the top, turning tofu to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min. to eight hours. Store the remaining orange mixture in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil, mist with cooking spray, and place the tofu slices on top.
4. Pour remaining marinade into a small sauce pan, bring to a simmer, and cook over medium heat until syrupy, about 12-15 min. Keep warm.
5. Broil tofu 6-8 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with the marinade, until golden. Serve with the remaining orange mixture.
I served it over the other confetti rice salad recipe in Vegetarian Times (brown rice, 1 tsp cumin, and garlic cooked together, cooled, and then tossed with a can of black beans, 1 1/2 cup chopped tomato, chopped green onions, 1 cup of corn kernels, 1/4 cup lime juice and 1/2 of an avocado).
It was great!