I am lucky... My toddler is infatuated with just about any food. Her diet is already more varied than mine was at like.. 8
She has had things like yucca, plantain, guava, mango, avocado, lychee... Yeah, not picky!
I have some burrito ideas that she just loves on their own. Here they are, and some include meal suggestions.
- Cuban-style black beans (I usually just make a sofrito and simmer black beans with quite a bit of it. You can even buy sofrito from the store. Goya makes some that is pretty good, but it's pureed.) You could even just serve these mixed with white rice (I like jasmine) for a dish called Moros y Cristianos (Moors and Christians)
I like it with lime.
- Veggie fajitas! I make like with portabello mushrooms, peppers, onions, and zucchini.
- Spanish rice and refried beans. Or you can make spanish rice with soy chicken for Arroz Con Pollo (I can get you my recipe if you want it). I sometimes add chickpeas or even peas and carrots to it.
Breaking out of the Latin food vein... Here are other things Isabel likes:
- English muffins with almond butter and banana
- graham crackers with pb and fruit. Sometimes I take a slice of each: kiwi, banana, and strawberry and make "traffic lights".
- tofu-egg salad sammiches
- Raviolis (rising moon has some good vegan varieties. I get florentine!)
- hummus and pita, or even just as a sandwich.
- vegetable fried rice
Hm, I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but... My kid eats anything
This is just stuff she seems to like, in particular.