Need ideas for a very picky eater! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey everyone I'm sure some of you have this problem and I'm wondering if there's any suggestions out there.

I'm going to visit my boyfriend for a few days. He grew up in a household with a mom that wasn't a very good cook and what not so he wasn't exposed to a lot of things. He's very picky about what veggies and such.

I'm thinking of making a veggie meatloaf with the boca crumbles. And also spagehtti.

So any other people have ideas for a veggie minimul, steak and potato kind of guy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 AM

shepherds pie made with seitan.

#3 Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

My bf is a total meat lover and he adores spaghetti with veggie ground round sauce. In fact, he seems to love anything I make with ground round, he says he likes it better than real hamburger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

My Husband is like this... actually I guess I should say "was like this". He's changed a lot lately from his meat-and-potato days lol. Things that I make that he really likes:

Taco's/buritos- super easy to make veg*n and lots of time meat-eaters don't miss the meat or you can use soy-crumbles

Lasagna- this is actually super delicious vegan but you can make it with cheese and zuchinni/eggplant whatever. In fact, lots of Italian food is great for mixed eating.

Pasta with cashew cream sauce loaded with tons of veggies. (Tofu-n-Sprouts has a recipe here that's fanfreakin tastic. Or Alfredo)

Stuffed portabella mushrooms. Yum!

Wraps for lunch with whatever he does like.

Chili! With cornbread... it's very meat-eater friendly if done minus the cows.

Before I ramble on forever, what doesn't he like veg-wise? There's zillions of things out there that vegetarians and meat-eater both enjoy!
#5 Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree with the burritos-tacos-meatloaf-chili sort of stuff. All pretty easy to give to omni's.

And thanks beachbunny, the cream sauce is SUPER omni friendly - they always say it's "so decadant and rich" hahahaha... (well, it is, but in a nice vegan sort of way!) If you're so inclined you can add veggies, asparagus, brocolli, carrots, peas...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page