Cinnabon Ingredient Information - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so I thought I'd post this here. Hope this helps anybody considering eating at Cinnabon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I'm fairly sure Cinnabons are stuffed full of lard (pig fat ). Those will have to go....

In response to your post, Cinnabons definitely aren't vegan, but they seem to be lacto-ovo friendly. I sent an email to Cinnabon and this is the response I received:

Dear Ms. tearhsong2,

Thank you for contacting us to request nutritional information on our Cinnabon products. We, at the Cinnabon Guest Response Line, provide our guest with the nutritional information on our products upon request, and we are sorry to inform you that we do not have the possibility to send out a brochure containing nutritional information.

Since you did not specify a product we have sent you the nutritional information on our three most favorite products.

The Classic Cinnabon has 813 calories, 32 grams of fat, 8 grams of saturated fat, 5 grams of trans fat, 67 milligrams of cholesterol, 801 milligrams of sodium, 117 carbohydrates, 55 grams of sugar, 4 grams of fiber, 15 grams of protein and 18 Weight Watcher points.

The Minibon has 339 calories, 13 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat, 2 grams of trans fat, 27 milligrams of cholesterol, 337 milligrams of sodium, 49 carbohydrates, 22 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and 6 Weight Watcher points.

The Caramel Pecanbon has 1100 calories, 56 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 5 grams of trans fat, 63 milligrams of cholesterol, 600 milligrams of sodium, 141 carbohydrates, 47 grams of sugar, 8 grams of fiber, and 16 grams of protein.

As you review this information, please keep in mind that Cinnabon's products are made fresh in over 400 bakeries, so the product composition will vary slightly from location to location.

In regard to your inquiry about the ingredients for our Classic Cinnabon Roll and our Minibon, the rolls contain wheat, buttermilk, soy, and eggs. The frosting contains cream cheese, eggs, milk, margarine, and natural and artificial vanilla and lemon flavors. There is a possibility for cross contamination with pecans.

There is only 1 Classic Cinnamon Roll and Cinnabon Minibon per serving. Specific Ingredient Information:ENRICHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), BROWN SUGAR, WATER, MARGARINE [PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OILS, LIQUID SOYBEAN OIL, WATER, SALT, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SOY LECITHIN, WHEY SOLIDS, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVE), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, BETA CAROTENE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE ADDED], SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED), CINNAMON, EGGS, BUTTERMILK, YEAST , SALT, SOYBEAN OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, EGG WHITES WITH SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, WHEY, MOLASSES, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, INVERT SUGAR, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, AZODICARBONAMIDE, L-CYSTEINE, ASCORBIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, YELLOW #5.

Specific Ingredient Information for the Frosting:Cream Cheese, (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Carob bean Gum, Guar Gum)

The ingredients for our Caramel Pecanbon are:ENRICHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), BROWN SUGAR, MARGARINE [PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OILS, LIQUID SOYBEAN OIL, WATER, SALT, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SOY LECITHIN, WHEY SOLIDS, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVE), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, BETA CAROTENE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE ADDED], WATER, SUGAR, CARAMEL SAUCE [HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, WATER, CORN SYRUP, CREAM, BUTTER, BUTTERMILK, MILK, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), SODIUM CITRATE], PECANS, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Carob bean Gum, Guar Gum), PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED), CINNAMON, EGGS, BUTTERMILK, YEAST , SALT, SOYBEAN OIL, CORN SYRUP, HONEY, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, EGG WHITES WITH SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, WHEAT STARCH, SOY FLOUR, MOLASSES, WHEY, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, INVERT SUGAR, PECTIN, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, AZODICARBONAMIDE, L-CYSTEINE, CALCIUM STEARATE, SILICON DIOXIDE (ANTICAKING AGENT), ASCORBIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, YELLOW #5. THESE ROLLS CONTAIN WHEAT, MILK, SOY, AND EGG INGREDIENTS. THEY MAY CONTAIN PECANS.

In regard to your vegetarian inquiry, Cinnabon products are NOT made with the following animal by-products: pork, lard, beef tallow, rennet or gelatin. Cinnabon products DO contain certain animal derived ingredients: dairy (from cows) and eggs (from chickens).

Please contact us again if you have any other requests. Thank you for your interest in Cinnabon Bakeries. Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Man, that stuff is full of scary crap!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I can' believe I've eaten there before.

Good god... I rarely see that many ingredients in baked goods....
#5 Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a cinnamon roll recipe here in the recipe section that I've been dying to try. I've given up on most baked sweet stuff because of ingredients lists like this one. Yuck!
#6 Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to eat those all the time with my dad when I went to the mall when I was little... Oh. Dear. Lord. I'm so glad I'm vegan, or I'd probably still eat them.

Thank you so much, veganism, for opening my eyes to the horrors of processed foods.

#7 Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I used to eat this a lot when I was younger. If I'd known what was in them, I wouldn't have eaten them nearly as much!

I'm just glad I'm not tempted by them anymore. The closest Cinnabon is over 20 miles from here. Plus, I've since learned how to make cinnamon rolls, so if I really want them I make them myself.
#8 Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG those things have as many calories as we eat in a whole day!! LOL

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page