Peanut Pasta -- New Fave Comfort Food - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

My g/f made a spicy peanut pasta sauce a few months ago, and it was awesome. But it took a bit of time to make. Finally we had it again the other night and it was soooo good. Next day I was craving it again, but didn't want to go through the trouble of making it ... and a shortcut occurred to me. It turned out terrific! She says it's her new substitute for mac 'n' cheese. Here's the shortcut:

Boil ramen noodles for 3 minutes (I'm told that Top Ramen Oriental is vegan *crosses fingers*)

Drain off water. Throw in a glob of peanut butter and 1/2 of the seasoning packet and stir vigorously, adding a little oil if desired.

If you have some spicy Thai peanut sauce on hand, pour a little of that on. And/or, add some salt, pepper, powdered ginger, powdered garlic, and powdered red pepper.

If you feel like taking the trouble, chop some green onions onto it. (If not, it's already delicious.)

Obviously you can dress up this recipe with all kinds of veggies ... but it's a great quick fix too. I actually made some at 4:30 this morning when I woke up hungry.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

The oriental flavour is at least vegetarian, but it has MSG so it makes me loopy.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 09-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I make a version of something like this without the ramen. I usully use brown rice pasta, but you could use noodles or pasta of your choice. For the sauce I use: peanut butter, tamari, ginger, garlic and chili sauce. You could also add a bit of the sweetener of your choice if you want it sweet. I sprinkle sesame seeds on top and sometimes add veggies (green onions, bean sprouts, broccoli, etc.). I eat it at rom temperature. It's my quick meal when I don't feel like anything too elaborate. Yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

There is a variation on this theme on the vegweb recipe site. It is very fast and easy (usually done in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta in it) It involves pasta, peanut butter (duh!) red peppers, white wine vinegar and a couple of other things. It has become a staple in our house
#5 Old 09-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I swear to Gourd!

I am the only person around who just plain LIKES msg.

"MSG'd!!!"

ebola

np: bola

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page