What is your favorite meal of the day? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What is your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast 0 0%
Lunch 0 0%
Dinner 0 0%
I don't have a favorite meal 0 0%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sitting at work eating the salad course of my lunch and realizing that this my probably my least favorite meal of the day. That got me to wondering what other people's favorite meal of the day is. I'll post mine in my response after I vote in the poll I create for this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Dinner is my favorite meal of the day for a number of reasons.

Firstly it is the one meal each day I often have to prepare myself, although I do that sometimes.

Secondly it's my most varied meal because I tend to choose my breakfasts and lunches for ease or preparation and low cost.

Thirdly it feels like my most complete meal because of the number of dishes I'll eat during the meal, I often accompany my dinner with some sort of beverage (mainly wine or beer) and I'll often have some sort of dessert as part of the meal that I don't have the rest of the day.
#3 Old 10-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

tea

aka dinner

I don't like lunch for reasons described in the other thread, and breakfast isn't varied enough :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

tea

Eeee, I want me tea!!

#5 Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought tea was lunch!

I like dinner too. I'm not usually rushed, so I can take my time and make something good.
#6 Old 10-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I thought tea was lunch!

nah, dinner is lunch
#7 Old 10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

nah, dinner is lunch

#8 Old 10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I knew that your whole response was going to be that smilie before I even looked!
#9 Old 10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I knew that your whole response was going to be that smilie before I even looked!

Then I suppose I should do something unpredictable: (Did you see that? Nigel slaps the demon!)

Now I have to add naming meals to the list of things I will confuse people with when I travel to the UK.
#10 Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Then I suppose I should do something unpredictable: (Did you see that? Nigel slaps the demon!)

Now I have to add naming meals to the list of things I will confuse people with when I travel to the UK.

but the thing is, we're all pretty Americanised over here. So a lot of American words we use interchangably and we will probably know what most of what you say means it's like ... we know your secret language and you don't know ours! How unfair is that?
#11 Old 10-26-2007, 03:13 PM

I love breakfast! I find that I only crave nice, healthy food when I wake up. I want junk the rest of the day but only healthy food in the morning. And everything tastes good in the morning to me.
#12 Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

As the only meal I eat on most days, I'll go with dinner. I've always disliked breakfast foods and very rarely can I eat in the mornings anyway. Just the thought of eating in the morning makes me nauseous.
#13 Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 AM

My favourite meal would be dinner, it's the only meal where I get a chance to eat a variety of foods, I usually eat pretty much the same foods for breakfast and lunch during the week.
#14 Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

I really don't have a favorite meal. I love it when I get to cook a meal for myself, so whenever that is :P
#15 Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Beginner

breaky for sure. Its my good deed for the day...then it all just goes downhill from there.
#16 Old 10-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Dinner. I like hot food. My dinner's almost always hot. Pasta is my most beloved meal of all time because it's so varied, so I actually eat pasta practically every night. Any normal person would grow sick of it.

Then again I'm not normal, am I?
#17 Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I love them all!!! I am a foodie!

Breakfast: fruits, crepes with various fillings, blueberry pancakes, wonderful scrambles, buttered toast, hot cereals, "cheese" grits with tater tots, hash browns, HOME FRIES, "sausage" gravy. Cold pizza.. OH MY! What is not to like about it? it can be so many things!

Second Breakfast:

Lunch: Sandwiches are the best thing ever created, imo. I love a good soup and sandwich combo. Pasta salads, fruit salads.. I eat a lot of those types of foods, and never grow tired of them. I will have an occasional burrito, or hummus with crackers and veggies!

Dinner: "Roasts," portabella fajitas, rice dishes, various gravies with mashed potatoes.. Dinner is the most varied meal of the day and I get so creative with it. Sometimes lunch foods creep in there. Dinner is also the time where I eat comfort foods more than any other time of day.
#18 Old 10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

lol @ second breakfast

Mine is dinner. It's more elaborate, more varied, usually hot, and there's plenty of time to prepare and savor

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#19 Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Mine depends on the day and what I'm eating.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#20 Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Dinner for me
#21 Old 04-14-2008, 04:15 PM

I looooove breakfast! I feel the best at breakfast, so eating doesn't suck, and breakfast foods are definitely my favourite foods! If eating just breakfast foods at my other meals didn't make me feel icky I would so have fun days every now and then where I ate breakfast foods at all my meals!

Lunch is my second favorite - it's got some pretty yummy foods, too - haha, actually the lunchtime foods that I like are the ones that could be breakfast foods OR lunch foods.....

Snacks are good...if you consider those meals

I don't really like supper, by then I'm tired and quite often my tummy's a little upset, and I don't really like supper foods - I'd eat breakfast foods, but as I said, I don't feel good if I do that....

SO, in conclusion, haha, breakfast RULES!
#22 Old 04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ Me too! I love love love breakfast! It's the only reason I get out of bed

I make this great home made toasted muesli which I adore with soy milk.

I also love hummus on whole grain bread.

And chopped fresh fruit as a side dish.

And herbal tea.

I love breakfast so much that sometimes all I eat is breakfast foods all throughout the day!

God loved birds, he created trees.
Man loved birds, he created cages.
#23 Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Lunch is my favorite because it is my only cooked meal of the day. Breakfast is my least favorite as it usually is just fruit, which I am not overly fond of.
#24 Old 04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Another vote for breakfast. I've had days where I'll have breakfast foods for each meal also. While there are so many yummy breakfast options I have a cereal with fruit addiction.
#25 Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Dessert.

#26 Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDrngWartime View Post

Dessert.

Ok, I'm going to have to agree with you.
#27 Old 04-16-2008, 11:33 AM

Dinner is my favourite meal. Its the one i always put more effort into making and its a very social time in my house. its cool to sit and chat and have a laugh about stuff while we eat.
#28 Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Dinner! It's the only meal that I can cook and relax and enjoy it. Breakfast is not my fav. I can't eat too early or I feel like I wanna puke. Lunch is usually leftovers that I have to fight for a microwave for to heat up (at work), and I have to goble it down quick (we have a 1/2 hour lunch and by the time I get to a microwave, lunch is almost over ... ggggrrrr).
#29 Old 04-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Dinner is my favorite because I like to lounge and eat...

Lunch seems to always get in the way of my day and I always eat it in a flash. I snack so much that dinner commonly seems to be my only "real" meal.
#30 Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Beginner

Breakfast!! I could live off of oat bran x.x

I typically hate lunch since my school only gives us 20 mins to eat(more time if you have study hall...which I don't) and no snacking during classtime. I typically just scraff down a sandwhich and some fruit, and hope I don't choke x.x;;

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page