Your Unhealthiest Eating Habit? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Frozen yogurt with fruit and occasionally a small peice of chocolate cake :O

I can do w/o the cake but I crave frozen yogurt everynight, so I guess I could never go vegan...

and I dont think your supposed to eat fruit with yogurt or nuts (which I also do sometimes) but I cant help it....heh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 07-17-2007, 01:24 PM

I don't know if this counts as an "eating habit" - but diet pop. I get the kinds without caffeine, but the amount of fake sugar I ingest everyday can't be good. I usually have about 6 cans/day. Not only is it probably extremely unhealthy to get all that artificial sweentener, but it's an expense I can certainly live without. I need to kick the habit!
#93 Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

chocolates, coffee, iced coffee with chocolate stuff in it, chips, falafel, popcorn, guacamole, avocado.....this is making me hungry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Anything sugar. I love sweets and cakes.. it's been fun veganising my fav cakes and stuff. I love to make choco sauce with maple syrup and soy milk and just eat it by itself. Luckily i don't gain weight..wooo!!
#95 Old 07-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

>>Seaweed. I love it. I can it it by the packetful.

Falafel and hummus.

Olives.

Veggie "bacon" sandwiches... *faints*>>

Sounds healthy. Unless you douse these sandwiches in veganaise or oil or something.

>>guacamole, avocado>>

healthy!

>>falafel>>

healthy!

ebola
#96 Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

>>Seaweed. I love it. I can it it by the packetful.

Falafel and hummus.

Olives.

Veggie "bacon" sandwiches... *faints*>>

Sounds healthy. Unless you douse these sandwiches in veganaise or oil or something.

>>guacamole, avocado>>

healthy!

>>falafel>>

healthy!

ebola

dosnt falafel have to be fried in oil? if theres another way id love to hear about it. i love falafel but after eating fried foods i dont feel too well.
#97 Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I fry falafel in olive oil. I know it's a healthy oil, but I also read that you're supposed to use it sparingly and I certainly don't do that when I'm frying falafel!
#98 Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I've baked falafel in the oven and they've turned out well.
#99 Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

I've baked falafel in the oven and they've turned out well.

for how long? do you have to make it differently?
#100 Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 PM

Some of you have some healthy, unhealthy eating habits!

I think my unhealthiest is my affinity for fried foods (e.g., french fries). After all, everything tastes better fried...
#101 Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh View Post

I think my unhealthiest is my affinity for fried foods (e.g., french fries). After all, everything tastes better fried...

A (wo?)man after my own heart
#102 Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

avocado, it's been a while since I've made falafel, so this might be a little off, but I think I bake them for 15-20 minutes at 375 F. I usually oil a cookie sheet and then use a pastry brush to dab a little oil on the top as well.

I don't make them any differently than if were going to fry them. I've made them from a mix as well as from scratch. There's a recipe posted by Washoe that I really like.

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...hlight=falafel
#103 Old 07-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Splenda...

I eat way too much of the stuff but I don't eat sugar, white flours, fried foods, ect. So I think its not too bad of a bad habit. I am trying to wind down my comsumption but I use it in tea, sugar free hot chocolate, to sweeten my unsweetened soy milk, ect. Wayyy too much!
#104 Old 07-21-2007, 05:26 PM

i'm usually very good with everything in moderation... except for PEANUTS. i can't eat just one handful - one turns into several, and i feel so gross and bloated but they are soo good that i can't stop. because of that i tell my mum not to buy them, but occaisonally i will buy the individual packs of one serving.
#105 Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Sometimes I get a craving for a spoon full of salt. So I eat it. When I was little, every now and then I'd dump a bunch of salt into my mouth from the salt shaker.

I believe everything.
#106 Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Beer, In addition to contributing to my spare tire it also leads to early morning eviction threats from my landlord...
#107 Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflower View Post

Mmmmm, vegan ice cream. Yeah, that's definitely one of my favorites...I'm loving the fact that there are SO many types and flavors available!!! My current favorite is Very Cherry Chip Soy Dream, I get it from Trader Joe's...

I FINALLY TRIED THIS ICE CREAM! IT'S SO GOOD! Sorry for the caps, I'm just excited I almost didn't buy it tonight (same flavor), but I'm glad I did!
#108 Old 08-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Veggie Regular

pistachios---I cannot control myself. I will shell those lovely nuts until my thumbs bleed and I feel puke sick. Once I open the bag i MUST shell and eat them all. So I don't buy often as I can't control myself.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#109 Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergrrl View Post

pistachios---I cannot control myself. I will shell those lovely nuts until my thumbs bleed and I feel puke sick. Once I open the bag i MUST shell and eat them all. So I don't buy often as I can't control myself.

I used to be obsessed with pistachios until this one time when I ate so many I got extremely sick. I was 8 when it happened so that was about 10 years ago... Haven't touched them ever since.
#110 Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Green and Blacks chocolate....especially the Mayan Gold one...

Cake...I love baking them and eating them

Hummus on toasted bagels...quick to make and heavenly

Cherry tomatoes...I can munch my way through vast quantities.

Clarexxx
#111 Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Definitely pasta with far too much margarine, salt and pepper. When I was a kid, I didn't like tomato sauce on pasta, so I'd always just have the noodles with butter and s&p. Well, I love tomato sauce now, but I almost always still cook a little extra to eat without. Also, when I'm hungry, cravy and lazy, I'll cook up like 4 servings, and eat it all with about 1/4 cup margarine.

At least now it's always whole grain pasta of some sort - except when I'm REALLY cravy, and I use hubby's white linguine. mmmm
#112 Old 08-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmama View Post

Green and Blacks chocolate....especially the Mayan Gold one...

Cake...I love baking them and eating them

Hummus on toasted bagels...quick to make and heavenly

Cherry tomatoes...I can munch my way through vast quantities.

Clarexxx

I don't think that cherry tomatoes or Hummus qualify as unhealthy eating habits.
#113 Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Oven fries dipped in ketchup and Veganaise. Luckily the fries take a while to bake, otherwise I would eat them for every meal!
#114 Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Beginner

Chocolate! I could almost live off it... sadly after a while I start to feel ill from eating too much so I can't, life is so cruel. My favourite two chocolate bars ever are Green and Black's Mayan Gold and the Endangered Species bars with espresso beans... actually, on second thought, any chocolate with espresso beans in it is my favourite .

I also am addicted to Soy Ice Cream (it used to be normal ice cream, but, well... I can't eat that stuff anymore). I've been known to eat a small container of it within a few days. It's kind of disgusting I'll admit, but short of gaining lots of weight there's not much that could convince me to stop.

My last one is peanut butter cookie dough. And I mean when it's only got the peanut butter, margarine, and sugar in it. It's so gross but it tastes soooo good...

Thankfully I almost never do eat that stuff, otherwise I'd have some serious weight to lose, hehe.
#115 Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 PM

Onion Rings and Very Vanilla Silk Soy Milk!!
#116 Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Veggie Regular

currently: chocolate velvet ice cream, baked potato chips, graham crackers with rice mallow and peanutbutter, and french fries with tons of BBQ sauce.
#117 Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Newest unhealthy eating habit: massive amounts of fresh, organic strawberries. Dipped in melted chocolate.
#118 Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine is pop. I just can't kick the can. Mountain dew to top it off. So bad but oh so good.

I don't know if this qualifies but I think I'm also addicted to Tofu. It started off just a little fling and now I must engage in eating activities with it at least three times a week. Just can't get enough. I've even quit seeing veggie burgers to make time to see Tofu. It's getting bad.
#119 Old 08-23-2007, 04:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I don't think that cherry tomatoes or Hummus qualify as unhealthy eating habits.

They are in the quantities I eat them in!

Clare
#120 Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM

Pork rinds. Just kidding!

I would have to say sandwich cookies (i.e., Oreos)...ever since I found out that many varieties are vegan. How I wish they weren't!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page