What is your favorite way to eat oatmeal? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I am sooooo addicted to muesli, I eat about 1/4 to 1/3 cup almost every day on break with a little almond or soy milk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Walnuts, cinnamon, and fruit; not so unique.

But I'm posting anyway because I'm excited that I recently learned I can use an instant coffee maker to heat a cup of water, pour it on the quick oats, cover for five minutes, and it's good to go! I used to always want it in the mornings but couldn't make it without waking the husband. This is very quiet.
#33 Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 AM

Makes a great raw pie crust with dates,nuts and juice or carrot cookies and my fav is blended in food processor for delightful sweet treats with added organic dried fruit, nuts, seeds, carob powder, coconut and liquid and roll into small balls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittedPainting View Post

I just put bananas in.. simple, but I love it that way no sugar needed!

p.s. what is stevia?

Me too!

With its extracts having up to 300 times the sweetness of sugar, stevia has garnered attention with the rise in demand for low-carbohydrate, low-sugar food alternatives. Stevia also has shown promise in medical research for treating such conditions as obesity and high blood pressure. - Wikipedia
#35 Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I don't know if this is my favorite way... but yesterday I put a cup of rolled oats and almost 2 cups of water into a pan, brought it to a boil, let it simmer covered for 1 minute, added 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds, turned the heat off, and let it sit covered for a few minutes. I added about a dozen pitted sweet cherries, a chopped-up peach, and soft margarine.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#36 Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Baby Love

I don't think I've ever made oatmeal with water

Its been awhile since I've had oatmeal, but my favorites used to be ...

- Oats + Soymilk and chocolate chips (stir them in and they melt into a chocolately swirl).

- A baked apple filled with Raw oats + vanilla yogurt (let mixture sit for a few hours in fridge before putting in apple) topped with cinn.

- Raw oats + vanilla yogurt and frozen berries (let sit a few hours in fridge).

Plain ole bananas and soymilk is goo, too.

I'm going to try the grated pears and apples someone mentioned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page