VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   General Food Discussions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/)
-   -   need someone to make recipe and take a photo (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/21-general-food-discussions/65773-need-someone-make-recipe-take-photo.html)

meatless 05-08-2007 08:06 AM

This probably sounds weird, but I need someone to make one (or both) of these two recipes in the next few days and take a digital photo. I'm doing a veg newsletter and the writer wasn't able to get photos of her recipes. I'm kind of swamped this week and already have my menu planned/food prepped. The recipes look really good and I definitely want to make them sometime myself! If you think you could help out, please let me know.

Recipe #1

Hawaiian Tempeh Kebabs

\t

Ingredients:

1 pineapple or 1 can pineapple chunks in juice

½ cup pineapple juice (drained from the can, if using)

2 Tbsp lemon juice

2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce

1 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch

1 tsp sesame oil

1 inch chopped gingerroot

1 package tempeh (read package directions: steam for 15 minutes if uncooked, or try pre-cooked versions)

a variety of vegetables for the skewers try sweet onion, green and red pepper, cherry tomatoes, etc, cut into one inch squares

1 Tbsp oil

skewers (if wood, soak for 30 minutes in water to prevent burning)

Cut the fresh pineapple, or drain the canned pineapple, while saving the juice for the sauce. Combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice, tamari or soy sauce, arrowroot, sesame oil and gingerroot in a saucepan, simmering until thick and glossy. Cut the cooked tempeh into one inch squares, add to the sauce mixture, and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool. Thread the skewers by alternating between different coloured vegetables, tempeh and pineapple pieces. Brush the kebabs with oil. Place the kebabs on a grill and cook about 5 minutes on each side, brushing with any leftover marinade. These can also be cooked in the oven!

Recipe #2

Spinach and Strawberry Summer Salad

\t

Salad Ingredients:

2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved

1 pound spinach leaves

2 green onions

1 small can mandarin oranges

1/3 cup cashews, chopped

Wash and dry the strawberries, spinach and onions. Drain the mandarin oranges. Combine the above ingredients in a bowl. Before serving, toss with the dressing below, or try one of your favourites. A quick, easy option is a store-bought poppy seed dressing.

Dressing Ingredients:

½ cup oil

2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice

3 Tbsp liquid sweetener

½ tsp mustard

½ tsp salt

½ tsp paprika

½ tsp celery seed (optional)

Wisk the above ingredients in a bowl. Just before serving, toss with salad.