Yes, they are frying Coke. - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

You ever had your gall bladder checked out? I've had two friends over the years who had the same problem but they also had problems with their gall bladder... one actually had to have it removed due to gall stones.

JC and FWIW.

Thank you for your concern! I actually have IBS so that has something to do with it. I don't know if I have ever had my gallbladder checked out, my guess would be no. I will keep it in mind though. I wonder why high fat foods effect the gallbladder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 10-26-2006, 01:56 PM

According to my BMI, I am close to being underweight. My husband's body fat is 7%. We own a deep fryer. Damn it's so delicious.
#63 Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

You actually tracked the demographics of where the "protesters" were living so you could say "seemed like only Americans were protesting the obese lable"?

Wow. Just wow.

Ir's a safe assumption that Europeans, for example, wouldn't get all huffy and puffy over me saying that North American's were obese.

Secondly, Americans are usually so self absorbed that when someone says North Americans they forget that includes Canadians and Mexicans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

It's a safe assumption that people will not generally care about a place they don't live in. Your arguement holds no water.

Secondly, you intended to mean Americans in your "north americans" comment and that's what you intend even now. Unless you're now trying to say that you think Canada and Mexico also have an obesity problem because of things like fried coke?

Thirdly, not ALL americans are that self-absorbed but they do know a thinly veiled bashing attack when they see it. And you, sir are full of thinly and not so thinly veiled bashing attacks.

I am done with this thread and I am done with you and your circular arguements.
#65 Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post

Don't be obtuse.

Ir's a safe assumption that Europeans, for example, wouldn't get all huffy and puffy over me saying that North American's were obese.

Secondly, Americans are usually so self absorbed that when someone says North Americans they forget that includes Canadians and Mexicans.

Perhaps the label of obtuse should be applied to those who use stereotypes as basis for their arguments. (e.g. "Americans are usually so self absorbed")

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#66 Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:

I've known quite a few Mexicans who use the term "Norteamericanos" to mean US citizens and only US citizens.
#67 Old 10-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

It's a safe assumption that people will not generally care about a place they don't live in. Your arguement holds no water.

Secondly, you intended to mean Americans in your "north americans" comment and that's what you intend even now. Unless you're now trying to say that you think Canada and Mexico also have an obesity problem because of things like fried coke?

Thirdly, not ALL americans are that self-absorbed but they do know a thinly veiled bashing attack when they see it. And you, sir are full of thinly and not so thinly veiled bashing attacks.

I am done with this thread and I am done with you and your circular arguements.

Get off the crack. Your first point was the point I was making.

Secondly, if I meant Americans then I would have said Americans not North Americans. Canada has an obesity problem as well.

Any nutrionist will tell you that North America has an obsesity problem. I guess they are all bashing America.

Lastly. Buh-bye.
#68 Old 10-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

I've known quite a few Mexicans who use the term "Norteamericanos" to mean US citizens and only US citizens.

What's your point? I'm not Mexican.
#69 Old 10-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Perhaps the label of obtuse should be applied to those who use stereotypes as basis for their arguments. (e.g. "Americans are usually so self absorbed")

You're right. You're only self-absorbed when you're not invading other countries on false pretenses.
#70 Old 10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

What's your point? I'm not Mexican.

No real point. Just an observation that different folks take terms to mean different things.
#71 Old 10-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

No real point. Just an observation that different folks take terms to mean different things.

Ok.
#72 Old 10-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Gross, I hate all fried food. They are evil.
#73 Old 10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You're right. You're only self-absorbed when you're not invading other countries on false pretenses.

Yeah. What about the Americans who didn't support invading Iraq? What about the fact that a lot of those who supported the invasion were misled by those same false pretenses?

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#74 Old 10-30-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Yeah. What about the Americans who didn't support invading Iraq? What about the fact that a lot of those who supported the invasion were misled by those same false pretenses?

#75 Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Love some deep-fried politics
#76 Old 10-30-2006, 08:26 PM

i thought this thread was about fried food.
#77 Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061016...NlYwNtZW5ld3M-

No wonder North Americans are so fat!!!

A friendof mine just returned from Thailand after 19 days....

He said the biggest thing he didn't see..was overweight people.(he said FAT -I didn't..a harsh word as far as I am concerned)..anyway, he kept emphazing it. I am not 100% sure about all the statisitics, but I have heard this concerning a few other countries also.

It is a shame of the state we are in physically as a country..all we need to do is look around at the young adults..and it is not their fault. It is what they are taught.

So, anyway..I am going to do my bes to help educate everyone I can about things like this...Deep Fried Coke..what the heck! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page