Organic Rice Cream (no, not rice dream, Rice CREAM) Ice Cream - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I discovered this while on vacation to Florida week before last. Man, oh MAN is this stuff ever GOOD.

Rivals (if not beats!) Soy Delicious.

web site is nice, too... goodkarmafoods.com

I see on there, they have 5 flavors. I've tried 3. (When I got home, I saw my local coop now carries this brand, too - yippee! Must be brand new on the market.)

I've eaten Mudd Pie - whoa - definitely beats SD.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is also REALLY good.

Am working Carrot Cake right now. The name intrigued me but wasn't sure how it would taste. MMMMMMMM, I think this is my favorite flavor so far!!! (Since I'm a confirmed Chocolate addict, this is actually rather unusual.)

Next, I'll buy the vanilla flavor and prolly use it with a dessert. Vanilla's don't thrill me but now I'm curious on how they did with this flavor b/c vanilla CAN be really scrumptious if done right.

The Mint Chocolate Chip will likely never touch my lips as I don't like mint.

Best thing is that it's vegan and gluten-free (yippee!). It does have soy lecithin but this doesn't bother the baby in such tiny amounts; so, I'm so tickled to have an ice cream in which I can indulge once in a while.

So... anyone else made this wonderful discovery, yet? What's yur fav?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 AM

Carrot cake ice cream sounds delicious. The "rice creams" I've tried in the past were all crap (kinda like eating sugared dirt), imo. However, at the Vegan Festival, I tried some that was fab-u-lous. Where did you find this variety?

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#3 Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Just clarifing really quick: Don't confuse Rice Dream brand with Rice Cream - SERIOUS difference. I don't like the Rice Dream brand - yuk. I can do better at home, frankly.

But "Organic Rice Cream" Ice Cream by Good Karma Foods is a whole world apart from the rice ice creams out there. and prolly what you tasted at the Vegan Festival. I see from their web site that it's a brand new product for this year.

I found the Carrot Cake flavor at my local HFS/coop [they had the other flavors, too] and next I'll check with Harry's Farmer's Market (now owned by Whole Foods)... bet they've got it, too... or will have it shortly. I'll ask (if they don't have it yet) as to when they'll get it.

(And I can't wait to try their cups and ice cream bars... I haven't had a chocolate covered vanilla bar is AGES.)

Anyway, I'll post after I go shopping... should be by Friday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-04-2006, 10:43 AM

That stuff is

ETA: oooh, their website is perty.
#5 Old 10-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Ahh I saw it at whole foods but went with this green tea soy stuff instead... Which is really good! But now I wish I had gotten this. Ahhh. Next time.
#6 Old 10-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Beginner

They have rice cream at my regular grocery store,co-op and Whole Foods.I've been meaning to try it for awhile...but I'm honestly pretty miffed that I spent $3.99 on this sludge.

I bought the carrot cake one since I love actual carrot cake.It was cloyingly sweet and has an odd cream cheese/cheese cake type flavor to it.

There's no way I can stomach eating the rest of this stuff.I'm actually afraid to sample their other flavors!

Soy Delicious,how I love thee...
#7 Old 10-06-2006, 01:43 AM

Heh. From your description it sounds like well, carrot cake to me. Sweet and cream cheesy. Hm.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#8 Old 10-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Beginner

Maybe I'm just spoiled by good vegan carrot cake and I've forgotten what the regular kind tastes like!I just found it to be too sweet but some people might like that.

There's a *slight* possibility that I'll try the other kinds just so I don't have to completely diss the good karma brand.Maybe the vanilla,that seems safe...
#9 Old 10-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Beginner

I actually found Rice Cream at my local Trader Joe's store, but the only flavor they had of it was the Carrot Cake, which I absolutley love. The $2.99 price of it at Trader Joe's beats the $4.99 price of other soy/rice ice-creams at the hfs, I just with they had more flavors for me to try!
#10 Old 10-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Beginner

I was so excited to try this(especially their vanilla and mint) but it seems from their website that no one in georgia sells it.

Maybe i can find a internet store..
#11 Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM

I.

Love.

Carrot Cake Rice Cream.

I think it may beat Soy Delicious Fruit-Sweetened ice creams.
#12 Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I just tried the chocolate peanutbutter. It was really good but I don't think it beats the purely decadent.
#13 Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Just in case anyone was wondering about Rice Creams veganess.... I e-mailed them to ask because I'm still new and wasn't sure.

Quote:

Amy - -

It is VERY nice to hear we're getting good word of mouth from the

vegetarian community. The kind feedback we receive from people via our

customer service numbers and e-mail really do keep the wind in our

sails.

Yes, we are indeed Vegan. The "Natural Flavors" are 99.5% organic

evaporated cane sugar, with the remainder being a proprietary formula,

BUT it is non-allergenic, non-GMO, Vegan, and organic compliant.

FYI - - we're going through a slight packaging change that you might

start seeing in mid-December. Our background is going from blue to

purple, and "Rice Cream" is going to become "Rice Divine." As you know,

our product is both Organic and Gluten-free. We wanted to distinguish

our product more clearly from another product that is not.

Thanks for your nice e-mail, and for buying our products!

Sincerely,

Matt Cooper

412.749.9804 (ph), 412.749.9807 (fx)

#14 Old 10-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

VeggieFerret, I'm in Georgia!! Yes, stores do sell it. Many just started carrying it so make a call.

For example, Life Grocery in Marietta carries it. Harry's doesn't have it yet (in Marietta) but I'm going to ask their grocery mgr about when they'll start selling it, too.

Hey, KLS, you GOTTA try the Mudd pie, definitely better than SD. The PB is good but perhaps not better than SD. And the carrot cake, while SD doesn't have this to direct compare, it's AMAZING.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page