What Do You Put On Your Pizza? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Veggie Regular

First of all, what's your cheese preference? Moo cheese? Soy cheese (with or without casein), or no cheese? As a struggling vegan, I prefer soy cheese, preferably without casein, of course, because to me a pizza ain't a pizza without cheese. I also once had a pizza with pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce, but I didn't care for it.

Do you like plenty of fresh tomato, as I do?

What are your favorite toppings?

I like mostly bell pepper and mushrooms.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I love moo cheese but won't eat it....I hate soy cheese so won't eat it.

I like tomato sauce, black olives, onions and mushrooms. Oh yeah, and cheeseless eggplant parm if I happen to have some made.
#3 Old 09-29-2006, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I am in love with cheezly extra melting mozarella flavour.

I add loads of tomato, onion, and bell pepper. And passata of course. I like my pizza pretty plain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Beginner

I got a pizza at Bertucci's last night and it had mushrooms, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, roasted garlic cloves and rosemary. I picked off the cheese, it was the fresh mozzerella so it was easy to remove, but the pizza was absolutely delicious, I was thinking about it all night after eating it.
#5 Old 09-29-2006, 06:49 AM

Soy cheese, marinara, tomato slices, spinach, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, olives, art hearts, broccilli, nutritional yeast.....the kitchen sink....
#6 Old 09-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Veggie Regular

For personal pizzas I make here on whole wheat flatbread, I just use a good spaghetti sauce, green & black olives, artichokes, onion (sliced paper thin), sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, & some green or red pepper. Oh! No cheese.

If I order out, there's a place here that serves a "veggie" pizza that has broccoli, tomatoes, olives, peppers, onions, artichokes, and basil, it's REALLY yummy!!

I WUV pizza!!!

Michelle
#7 Old 09-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I like pizza without cheese. I like to make it myself, usually, with my own tomato sauce, and a few of the following, depending on what I have: mushrooms, bell peppers, black olives, pineapples, seiten, tofu, and broccoli. I also like to make my own vegan cheese sauce to put on it, but I don't always use it.
#8 Old 09-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I sometimes buy frozen pizzas because they're cheap (70 cents), so they have cow's cheese. I would prefer soy cheese, but a comparible soy cheese pizza is ten times as expensive. I then top them with bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and green olives. After it's done then I cover it with flax seed. I don't make my own pizzas that often because of the costs and time, although every once in a while I do as a special treat as I love homemade pizza with extra extra sauce.
#9 Old 09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Beginner

mozz cheese, olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomato, red bell pepper, mushrooms, basil, pineapple... not all on one pizza though!

ps, pizza sucks here so I like to make my own anyway!
#10 Old 09-29-2006, 08:45 AM

To me, a pizza only needs (soy without casein) cheese to be good. I don't really bother with anything else. Vegan Gourmet mozzarella..
#11 Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Soy cheese, nutritional yeast and 'mater chunks!
#12 Old 09-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I like cheeseless pizza with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, red onions and red peppers

Unfortunately I haven't convinced my family to like cheeseless pizza as much as I do so I end up eating a little cheese once a week.
#13 Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

veggie shreds mozzarella soy cheese, and pizza sauce. That's it. I kind of don't eat vegetables
#14 Old 09-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I make a pizza with sauce, sauteed onions and garlic, portobellos and red peppers sauteed up and then I sprinkle nutritional yeast on top. Usually my boyfriend will put cheese on his half and mine is without cheese. I love it this way! Then again, I love cheese pizza too but have been minimizing dairy for the most part.
#15 Old 09-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

veggie shreds mozzarella soy cheese, and pizza sauce. That's it. I kind of don't eat vegetables

You don't eat vegetables on pizza or you don't eat vegetables period?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#16 Old 09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I make my pizza without cheese. I use: pizza sauce, soy chorizo, bell pepers, onions, black beans and corn. It's so good. The key is to not use too much chorizo!! I use about 3 and a half inches of it for mine.
#17 Old 09-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Remilard & I were just saying the other night that someone should make a veg pepperoni that gets crispy & curls the edges when you bake it. Man... mm.

Anyway, I really like spinach, sundried tomatoes, feta, capers, and fresh mozza on my pizzas.
#18 Old 09-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Anything and everything: tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onion, potato, garlic, tempeh, falafel, eggplant, broccoli, artichokes, FYH monterey jeck etc. If it's in the fridge, it goes on the pizza.
#19 Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

no cheese (even when i wasn't vegan), at least pineapples and olives, sometimes bell pepper and onion
#20 Old 09-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Banned

Homemade napolitana sauce.

Fresh tomatoes

Mushies

Kalamata olives

Jalopena's

Capsicum

Artichokes

Rennet-free cheese

Chilli peppers or powder
#21 Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Banned

i usually just have cheese and pepperoni on mine i'll sometimes have mushrooms to. when i eat other things on my pizza i get sick like i ate a vegetarian pizza and got sick, a few weeks ago i ate hawiiwan (SP) pizza and puked to i just stick to cheese and pepperoni
#22 Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

You don't eat vegetables on pizza or you don't eat vegetables period?

uh, the latter. I'm working on it. veggies and my digestive system don't get along.
#23 Old 09-30-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Unit View Post

i usually just have cheese and pepperoni on mine i'll sometimes have mushrooms to. when i eat other things on my pizza i get sick like i ate a vegetarian pizza and got sick, a few weeks ago i ate hawiiwan (SP) pizza and puked to i just stick to cheese and pepperoni

Pepperoni?

How nice.
#24 Old 09-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Beginner

My favorite is tomato sauce, artichoke, mushroom, & olives
#25 Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 PM

my top 3 list

1. pineapple (by far)

2. artichoke hearts

3. jalapeno
#26 Old 10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Vegan Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

to me a pizza ain't a pizza without cheese.

I don't like pizza with cheese. Takes away the real taste of the other ingredients. And anyway, I think vegan "cheese" is not interesting.

A pizza without mushrooms is a sad pizza. I like to put artichoke hearts on it as well. And eggplant. And onions. And yellow or green bell pepper. And tomato sauce as a liner (at the bottom).
#27 Old 10-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone else hate when they order a vegetable pizza and everything on it tastes like it came in a jar of vinegar? especially jalapeos.

baked beans are good hehhe
#28 Old 10-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

Anyone else hate when they order a vegetable pizza and everything on it tastes like it came in a jar of vinegar? especially jalapeos.

baked beans are good hehhe

You should make your own, then.

*this space not for sale*
#29 Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiejanie View Post

Pepperoni?

How nice.

Pepperoni is an old favorite of mine too. That's pretty much the only fake meat I like on pizza's, no sausage or anything like that. But usually I prefer all the veggies.
#30 Old 10-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's another cool & interesting way to eat pizzas! When I saw this, it made complete sense to me!! Of course it would be good, it's on a baked potatoe!!

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/09/potato-pizzas.html

Michelle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page