Your Top 5 Recommended Restaurants - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieFerret View Post

The bakery is called Southern Sweets, it has a couple vegan/vegetarian lunch options but their cakes and pies are what people go for.

I always wondered who did their desserts! Thanks for the info. Next time I'm even remotely on that side of town, I'm stopping to check 'em out! Yippee, I found their web site, too! http://www.southernsweets.com/

Quote:
Also Duck's cosmic kitchen is a very very tiny place but they offer some really great vegan/vegetarian options for lunch.

And I found their website: http://www.duckscosmickitchen.com/our_menu.htm

How about their red pepper dip. Happen to know if that's vegan?

Quote:
Oh and if anyones interested in the absolute(i mean ABSOLUTE) best homemade fresh pasta and sauce in atlanta(or america for that matter LOL) go to Figo. They only have 2 locoations i beleive(the one i know and go to is actually right next to ducks cosmic kitchen)

I'm on a roll - found their site, too. They have three locations and 2 more coming. http://www.figopasta.com/

I'll have to print off all these options and keep in my wallet for when we're out and about and need some ideas. Thanks!

Quote:
I also LOVE P.F. changs but the lines just kill you.

Yeah, if you don't call ahead for a reservation, you're toast! It's been a while since we've been there. Ambiance is much better at night. We went once at lunch and it kinda ruined it for me. No daylight at that restaurant, ykwim? Or not! LOL.

Mmmmm, I haven't even had breakfast yet and now I'm hungry for lunch and dinner! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 09-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

Yeah, if you don't call ahead for a reservation [at P.F. Chang's], you're toast! It's been a while since we've been there. Ambiance is much better at night. We went once at lunch and it kinda ruined it for me. No daylight at that restaurant, ykwim? Or not! LOL.

I don't go to PF Chang's that much, but last time we went here in Houston, we walked in with no problem. I think I've ONLY been for lunch, haha. I didn't really notice whether there was ambience, because they have big plate glass windows at the front and we sat right by the windows and looked out. I did notice that it's very noisy, though. Ugh. I'd much rather have a quiet, peaceful dining experience.
#93 Old 09-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Beginner

I'm sorry, i just found out Figos makes all their pastas with egg. not good for a vegan but ok for locto-ovo vegetarian.

Yeah, it might not be as bad in houstan, i'm not sure. The lines here are horrible here in Atlanta though. But P.F. Changs is soo good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippymama View Post

It's been 9 yrs since I lived in LA. I don't recognized any of these. Is The Good Earth still on Ventura? I've been missing it lately.

I think so. I worked at one of those in college and hated it, so I haven't been to one since. Veg-friendly dining has come a long way since then.
#95 Old 09-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

I don't go to PF Chang's that much, but last time we went here in Houston, we walked in with no problem. I think I've ONLY been for lunch, haha. I didn't really notice whether there was ambience, because they have big plate glass windows at the front and we sat right by the windows and looked out. I did notice that it's very noisy, though. Ugh. I'd much rather have a quiet, peaceful dining experience.

My first visit there was at night. The lines were out the door and waiting on the sidewalk and parking lot. Luckily DH had called ahead for reservations and we got right in.

At night, there is ambiance b/c those windows are darkened ... and you can see their choice of interior lighting. It's very nice. Enjoyable. Stimulating but in the right kind of way.

Noisy, yeah, a little. But at night you don't notice it as much.

Daylight seems to make it worse for some reason... maybe it's b/c there's so much light coming in to the eye that it just adds to the overwhelming feeling. Makes you want to eat and leave as soon as possible. Kinda like a cross b/t a fast food and a power lunch atmosphere.

And quite possibly done on purpose in order to move folks along but also appeal to the business crowd b/c it has a very "no bones about it" feel during the day. That was our 2nd visit... was lunch. I really didn't like it there at that time! If I can't go there at night, I'm not interested in visiting there, again. I felt that strongly about the difference. Frankly, the food seemed taste better at night... probably b/c I could concentrate on it, having the ability to savor what I was consuming.

During the day, you just want to shove it down and get out.

But that's just IMHO.
#96 Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

In and around the Puget Sound... and parts of Arizona.

The Hot Iron

Golden Grill

The Panda Inn

Family Pancake House

Sizzler (they have the BEST salad bar )

Then there's The Urban Onion, The Thai Hut, The Thai Chili, The Hanger, Lai-Lais, Garcias, Guadalajara (sp), JBs, Taco Del Mar, Arayas....
#97 Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned

#1 - Indochine Restaurant (Wilmington, NC). Not a vegetarian restaurant, but has many veg options. The Tofu Stuffed with Vegetable Filling is one of the best tasting things I have ever eaten! Nicely decorated and has a terrific outdoor seating area.

#2 - Sublime Restaurant & Bar (Fort Lauderdale, FL). 100% vegan. Very upscale (classy) restaurant with a friendly owner who goes to every table and chats with them. Food is terrific, too.

#3 - The Boba House (Greensboro, NC). 100% vegetarian. Mouth watering food. Mostly Asian style food. Most things can be made vegan.

#4 - Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin (Miami, FL). 100% vegan. Terrific Caribbean style food. The owner is a super nice guy.

#5 - Rosetta's Kitchen (Asheville, NC). 100% vegetarian. The food is great and I love the atmosphere (very down-to-earth). Most things can be made vegan.
#98 Old 12-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

I have too many I want to include, so I'm not stopping at just 5.

#6 - Ethos Vegan Kitchen (Orlando, FL). It was a nearly a tie between Ethos and Rosetta's for the #5 spot. Their Chicken Marsala is divine!

#7 - Meskerem Restaurant (Charlotte, NC). Not 100% vegetarian, but many options. The best Ethiopian food I have had out of the four Ethiopian restaurants I have tried.

#8 - Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn (Wilmington, NC). Not 100% vegetarian, but has options. Huge burritos with the choice of different tofus (jerk, BBQ, cajun or plain). This place has attitude (a good one).

#9 - Woodlands (Charlotte, NC). 100% vegetarian. Insanely good Indian food. The food has a different taste than other Indian restaurants around here. I have been told it's as good as any Indian restaurant in Great Britain (supposedly they have some of the best Indian restaurants around).

#10 - The Laughing Seed (Asheville, NC). 100% vegetarian. Classy atmosphere and great food.

#11 - Z Pizza (Columbia, SC). Not 100% vegetarian, but has options. They have a fully loaded vegan pizza with Daiya cheese. Insanely good.

#12 - The Thai House (Charlotte, NC). Not 100% vegetarian, but many options. They have a secret vegetarian menu with even more options (like faux duck). So, be sure to ask for that menu, too.

#13 - Noodles & Company (Charlotte, NC). I just discovered them and they only have two vegan items (Japanese pan noodles and Indonesian noodles), but they are very tasty. They give you big portions and they are cheap!

#14 - Spice 9 (Concord, NC). Not 100% vegetarian, but has options. I have only been there once and had a dish that was chilie peppers in a tamarind and peanut sauce. Absolutely delicious.

#15 - The Loving Hut (Orlando, FL). 100% vegan. Pretty good food. Not a classy atmosphere, but it works. I just had to mention them because they deserve recognition.

#16 - The Red Bowl (Rock Hill, SC). This is the closest place to me. They only have a few veg items, but the best, by far, is the Sesame Tofu dish. I always order it with half tofu, half broccoli. They only give you two sprigs of broccoli by default. I need my veggies.

I think that's about all I have to list right now. Hope you can check out the restaurants someday. I did list them in order of how much I liked them. I try to visit them as often as I can. Put them on your bucket list!
#99 Old 12-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Banned

Wow a 5 year old thread!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page