Chili's black bean burger - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I ate one last week and it was SO GOOD!!

Does it have soy? And if not, where can I get them for home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey! I'm not sure about the soy in the burgers, but I have to agree, they are wonderful!!! I would love to find them at the supermarkets or somewhere, but I've never seen anything marketed by Chili's around here?

Also, we went out to eat there the other night, and I ordered the portobello fajitas with guacamole & pico de gallo and it was awesome!!!

So, if your a mushroom fan, I suggest you try these the next time you go!! But of course you have to take into consideration that they do prepare them in the same pans as the normal meat fajitas, so if that might bother you, then they might not work??

Chili's, I have found are pretty good to leave out anything or add anything you ask! Yeah, Chili's!!!!

Michelle
#3 Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

are the burgers vegan - anyone know?

Hmmm and are those portabello fajita's new? Never saw them before at my local chili's. (But it's been a while since i've gone.) Wonder if they use any butter in the prep, otherwise ... just from sounds of it, it might be something I could actually eat there. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

are the burgers vegan - anyone know?

No, according to an e-mail from Chillis a few years ago. I know they had egg white and perhaps, but I'm not positive, some cheese. Of course, the recipe could have changed since then.
#5 Old 06-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

The actual portobella mushroom fajitas aren't listed as such on their menues, they are actuallly listed as a portobella & steak fajita, but I just asked them to omit the meat, and they were very willing to do it.

So, it was just the grilled portobello mushrooms, onions & peppers. I have to say, they were really good!!

Michelle
#6 Old 06-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the info, Michelle. I decided to take your lead and I sent Chili's an email from their web site to get some updated information on their stuff. I'll post it back here when I hear something. (Or in the Chili's thread I created last week.)
#7 Old 06-03-2006, 05:15 PM

I didn't like the black bean burger....at all. I actually involntarily vomited after trying to get through about half of it

Maybe it was prepared wrong?
#8 Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyesjr02 View Post

I didn't like the black bean burger....at all. I actually involntarily vomited after trying to get through about half of it

Maybe it was prepared wrong?

Wow. That's a strong reaction. Maybe there is something in it that doesn't agree with you. I have a mild anaphylactic reaction to bananas. I had a smoothie with a bit of banana in it and started choking. If a food doesn't agree with you, avoid it.
#9 Old 06-04-2006, 12:25 AM

Funny, I was there tonight. That is what I got. It was just okay, that I left half of it on my plate. I swear they had other veggie options before. I have not ate there in awhile. I do not think I will be going there anytime soon again.
#10 Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg*nfrog View Post

No, according to an e-mail from Chillis a few years ago. I know they had egg white and perhaps, but I'm not positive, some cheese. Of course, the recipe could have changed since then.

I inquired a few months ago...still has egg white.
#11 Old 06-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it is the same as the Morningstar Farms black bean burger. It tastes really similar anyway.
#12 Old 06-05-2006, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

It's not bad, although I like the one from Bennigan's better. The one from Chili's gives me some rotten farts for like a week, so now I avoid them like the plague. So now I get the Cajun Chicken Pasta with broccoli instead of the chicken. Although I think I'm going to start getting it with EVOO instead of the alfredo sauce so my intestines will respect me afterwards.

~Wonder
#13 Old 06-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=~Wonder]It's not bad, although I like the one from Bennigan's better. The one from Chili's gives me some rotten farts for like a week, so now I avoid them like the plague. QUOTE]

Wow, same here! My family knows to run away when i let them loose! No other beans or foods (other than dairy-lactose intolerant) give me gas like this burger does! I'm glad to know im not the only one
#14 Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Guess what guys... I got updated info from Chili's. There was no mention of egg white in the burger any more but there IS dairy. So... perhaps that would account for some of the gassiness?
#15 Old 06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

Guess what guys... I got updated info from Chili's. There was no mention of egg white in the burger any more but there IS dairy. So... perhaps that would account for some of the gassiness?

yup... im lactose intolerant so thats my issue! Thanks for clearing that up
#16 Old 06-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm normally completely ok with farting, everybody does it, but after about 2-3 days of those rotten Chili's farts I'm about ready to jump out the window. It's a good thing I live on the 1st floor. It could be the dairy mixed with the beans. Dairy does seem to cause problems with me. But man, those burgers could be used in chemical warfare.

~Wonder
#17 Old 06-07-2006, 05:33 PM

Maybe that explains my reaction to the blackbean burger? I was informed it was vegan....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page