The Deal with Tuno - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Beginner

I used to buy Tuno, in the can, for my cat. We never liked regular tuna but my cat loves it. It really taste like tuna though. Anyway, for the longest time I can't seem to find it at any health food stores that used to carry it. They all told me it was discontinued. Well, my cat has been giving me the evil eye because he wants his Tuno casserole with peas, corn & tofutti cheese in it.

For my cat's sake I called Kellogg today which bought out Loma Linda and owns Morningstar Farms. Kellogg told me that the Tuno in the can HAS been discontinued, bummer. However, they have a frozen version!! I've never seen it but they told me it's just like their canned tuno and it IS vegan too. So, I called around but nobody carries it close to me. However, my local Kroger has agreed to order it and one of my local health food stores will order it for me too!! Ha Ha, the tuno dilemna is solved and my cat will quit giving me the evil eye.

I just thought I'd clear this up if anyone but me was wondering what the heck happened to Tuno in a can. The PLC# for Worthington Tuno, (comes in a frozen log with a red and white label) is: 2898927903 You need that number if you want to get your local store to order it.

It says vegetarian on the label but the company assured me it's vegan.

Here's the product link: http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/bran...419&company=41

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Aww! I'm so happy that your cat will finally be satisfied!
#3 Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

What is tuno?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Beginner

Since someone is asking, what is tuno........it's a vegan version of tuna that even has the same icky smell as the real dead thing........my friends who liked tuna before they became vegans all swore by it which is why I got it in the first place.........it was highly recommended and I'm hoping the frozen kind is as good........
#5 Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I should look for that in Whole Foods. Maybe they might have it. It sounds cool. Tuna was one of the only fish a actually liked before I was veg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page