Soya controversy - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 AM

Some say soya is good others say is bad, who is right? I just found a link about how bad is soya?!

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

A hint: Anything with "soy" in the address name is probably going to be biased. Also, there have been numerous threads on this so it might just be easier to look them up.
#3 Old 05-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-14-2006, 08:29 AM

but arent there not negatives to the meat industry, I mean look at all the hormones that are in meat. So I deff think that soya is the lesser of the 2 evils. not that soy is bad
#5 Old 05-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

A hint: Anything with "soy" in the address name is probably going to be biased. Also, there have been numerous threads on this so it might just be easier to look them up.

So true. Based on all the other threads and sites I've seen, to sum it up, soy is good in moderation. Don't base your diet on it, but it's unnecessary to completely eliminate it. If you eat too much you could possibly develop an intolerance, so everything in moderation.
#6 Old 05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Beginner

I've read many of those links and basically come to conclusion that soy isn't the wonder food I originally thought. Small amounts miso, tempeh and soy sauce are probably better to eat than compared to large amounts tofu, soymilk or tvp since the former was allowed to ferment to reduce the harmful chemicals inherent in the soybean. As with all legumes, soy is going to contain stuff to deter predators from eating the baby plants. Seems soy requires a little more effort than simply cooking for them to be fully edible. It is a new food choice compared to what humans have been used to eating. I prefer to stick with traditional food sources. That said I'd rather eat a slab of tofu than a slab of Burger King's fanciest burger!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page