Flatulence free beans - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Saz
Veggie Regular

Lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4943486.stm

Just thought I'd post the article link hehe.

Saz x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

but... but... the flatulence is the best part....

#3 Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

WOW How COOL!!! I'm from Venezuela and the researches como from the school my brother went to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Beginner

The thing is, this problem goes away by itself after you've added beans to your regular diet and eaten them frequently over a 2-week period. Beans do not cause flatulence because of some sort of "intrinsic fart-aciousness" -- rather, they cause flatulence because our systems are not yet used to them. Once your digestive system adjusts to your beans, the problem will disappear.

I say: eat your beans, go ahead and let yourself fart for two weeks, and then enjoy a yummy and nutritious bean-rich diet for the rest of your life without any further fartalism. . .
#5 Old 04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Very cool.... I was starting to worry when they said it DECREASED the insoluble fiber. I wonder if we've thoroughly researched why beans reduce heart disease and cancer, if it is the insoluble fiber that is key.
#6 Old 04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanLady View Post

The thing is, this problem goes away by itself after you've added beans to your regular diet and eaten them frequently over a 2-week period. Beans do not cause flatulence because of some sort of "intrinsic fart-aciousness" -- rather, they cause flatulence because our systems are not yet used to them. Once your digestive system adjusts to your beans, the problem will disappear.

I say: eat your beans, go ahead and let yourself fart for two weeks, and then enjoy a yummy and nutritious bean-rich diet for the rest of your life without any further fartalism. . .

I agree with you but this doesn#t apply to people with IBS (unfortunately)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page