Corn Dogs: Love 'em or Shove 'em? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Corn Dogs: Love 'em or Shove 'em?
Love 'em! 1 50.00%
Shove 'em! 1 50.00%
Indifferent. 0 0%
Never had one. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 04-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm originally from upstate NY. Moved to HOTlanta ages, ago. Discovered corn dogs once I was here. Yum. But that was when I was an omni.

Haven't had them in years since I turned vegan.

Ditto on the baked recipe request - Please post! Would love to try this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 04-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't stand hot dogs any other way, but wrapped in corn batter and deep fried, they are delicious. Veggie dog or not (no, I don't eat the meat ones now, but that doesn't mean I don't like them). We used to always eat them with fry sauce (a dipping sauce that's fairly common in and around Utah--a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise).
#63 Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Oh, love em!! Morningstar's brand are good but leave a lot to be desired. I prefer to make my own using Yves Good Dogs (the best veggie hotdog brand out there) dipped in corn dog batter (Fry Krisp brand, just add water) and deep fried. mmmmm

Thanks kpickell. Will def try this. Sounds yummy. Yeah, though Morningstar's are good, I think they have milk/egg in them so if this is a vegan alternative, then it sounds great to me! I would do anything for a vegan corndog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 04-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I like the MSF ones. Especially the mini ones. I'm craving some now! I suppose I must have had a meat corn dog at some point in my life, but I don't really remember.
#65 Old 04-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyliemc View Post

Quote:

Oh, love em!! Morningstar's brand are good but leave a lot to be desired. I prefer to make my own using Yves Good Dogs (the best veggie hotdog brand out there) dipped in corn dog batter (Fry Krisp brand, just add water) and deep fried. mmmmm

Thanks kpickell. Will def try this. Sounds yummy. Yeah, though Morningstar's are good, I think they have milk/egg in them so if this is a vegan alternative, then it sounds great to me! I would do anything for a vegan corndog.

Oh, no I'm afraid those brands aren't vegan. I know there are vegan veggie dogs, and I'm sure you can find vegan batter, but I don't know any brands off hand.
#66 Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cringe* View Post

*drools* I didn't realize I missed them until I started making my own... And then I healthified them- Yves Tofu Dogs with a homemade, whole wheat, molasses sweetened cornmeal batter and baked. Still delicious, believe it or not... my 12 year old, super-omni, against health, obsessed with grease little brother ate a whole one randomly off the oven and even complimented me ^^

Baked you say? I think we might need a recipie Baked you say? I think we might need a recipie

I concur.
#67 Old 04-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

...Yves Good Dogs (the best veggie hotdog brand out there)...

Oh dear, Yves Veggie Dogs got only 2/5 stars in my food journal-- does this mean I'm doomed never to have a good hot dog again? Well, someone did say to check out Tofurky Brats, but I haven't found them yet.
#68 Old 07-24-2013, 11:26 AM

I like them , but i can't justify buying them most of the time for that tiny amount they give you.now if morningstar started selling them in bulk on amazon or something...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page