Papa John's Vegetarian Friendly? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-06-2006, 02:29 PM

In reading their nutrition page it seems so. Anyone know for a fact that a non-thin crust pizza with veggies and their cheese is not vegetarian?

http://www.papajohns.com/menu/index.htm#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

'Lists the ingredients of some of their dishes on their web site. The original pizza dough, the breadsticks and the pizza sauce (tomatoes, olive and canola oils) are vegan.

The mozzarella cheese used on the pizzas contains microbial (vegetarian) rennet. The Parmesan cheese contains animal rennet.

The Special Garlic Sauce contains mono- and diglycerides and lecithin from and unknown source."

There you go!
#3 Old 04-06-2006, 02:43 PM
emc

I love Papa John's! I order a veganized pie: original crust, no cheese, extra sauce and veggies. Mmmm!

From the website:

Does your dough contain animal fats?

NO. Only soybean oil.

Does your sauce contain animal fats?

NO. Only a blend of sunflower and extra virgin olive oils.

Does your cheese contain animal derived enzymes?

NO. It is a biosynthesized enzyme. (chymax)

Do any of your products contain animal derived enzymes?

No. These enzymes are biosynthesized and/or vegetable derived enzymes - not animal.

Does your pizza contain eggs?

There are eggs in our meatballs, chickenstrip breading, chicken wings, honey mustard dipping sauce, cheese dipping sauce, ranch dipping sauce, blue cheese dipping sauce, and our new garlic ranch sauce.

Does your pizza contain milk?

Neither our original pizza dough nor our original pizza sauce contains milk. However, our Alfredo sauce, Spinach Alfredo sauce, blue cheese dipping sauce, cheese, cheese dipping sauce, ranch dipping sauce, garlic ranch sauce, seasoned garlic Parmesan sauce, crisp topping used for Sweetreats, Parmesan cheese packet, our meatballs, linguica and thin crust all contain milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Can someone explain the biosynthesized enzyme (chymax)? they still use dairy I guess?

and EMC I like your avatar, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind has to be my all time favorite anime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page