Help! Biscuit recipe from "How It All Vegan" - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but I assumed you could only post in the Recipes section if you're submitting one yourself.

Anywho, I'm looking for a particular recipe for biscuits found in the book "How It All Vegan" - the one for the regular biscuits. I'm sure some of you have this book (I looooove it, but have not purchased it) and I am praying like a madwoman that you wouldn't mind sharing it with me! It's my favorite biscuit recipe and I can't find it online anywhere (gee, maybe that's so people will buy the book, hahaha - I kill me) and I am craving these biscuits like nobody's business.

I will love you forever and make you up a dozen of these biscuits if you comply. That is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

buy the book, it's good.
#3 Old 04-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Beginner

Perhaps try e-mailing the authors. They have a website. If it is copyrighted, it cannot be posted publicly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I sent you a PM , mailing address included
#5 Old 04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you *very* much starryeyed and Blue Plastic Straw! I really really appreciate it!
#6 Old 04-04-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post

If it is copyrighted, it cannot be posted publicly.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#7 Old 04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Perhaps try e-mailing the authors. They have a website. If it is copyrighted, it cannot be posted publicly.

Unless you re-write it in your own words... I think that was in VB TOS.

I would give you the recipe, but looks like you already got it. Enjoy.
#8 Old 04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If it is copyrighted, it cannot be posted publicly.

Indeed. Some people seem to think that laws that prevent us from sharing with our neighbors are justified.
#9 Old 04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

Indeed. Some people seem to think that laws that prevent us from sharing with our neighbors are justified.

Well, posting copyrighted material on an internet message board isn't exactly "sharing with our neighbors". I don't have a problem with sending it in a PM though, since I'm distributing it to exactly one person, something that would likely be considered Fair Use.

I do think copyright protection is important, to protect the interests of the author. U.S. copyright law as it stands now is a steaming pile of crap written entirely to protect corporate interests (specifically Disney).

Oops, I got derailed there for a sec, I meant to say that I was inspired to make the Fancy Biscuits on the same page and they were perfectly yummy.
#10 Old 04-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Nyah..I share recipes from cookbooks that I've purchased, with friends/family, etc.

However, posting such information on a chatboard, as noted, is a bit different, and could (not likely, but conceivably) get Michael in trouble.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#11 Old 04-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not using neighbor in the sense of "the house next door" but in the sense of "my fellow earthicans". In which case yes, posting a recipe is "sharing with your neighbor".

I understand that it is illegal and can get the boards in trouble. This is why I never advocated anyone to actually post the recipe. I don't want anyone to get in trouble. I merely made a statement that perhaps we should reevaulate this "value" of not allowing people to share ideas, learn from those ideas, and build from those ideas when we want to.

Personally I feel that anyone that is preventing me from exercising my right from freely sharing ideas so that others can learn and build from them is immoral. It is destructive to a democratic society.

Back on topic. How it all vegan has so many delicious recipes. I'll have to try the biscuits!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page