Help Me Plan My Menu - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Sunday night, we're having my bf's parents over for dinner. I've eaten at their house (including Thanksgiving - yipes!), and we've gone out to dinner before, but they've never been to my apartment (I'm going to be cleaning like mad) and I've never served them dinner, though I did contribute to Thanksgiving dinner. Needless to say, they're omnis. His mom is interested in trying tofu, cause she never has. I'm planning on making a Tofu Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Crust, providing I can find some small corell type dishes or small pie pans to make them individual cause its a big mess to serve the giant one and I'm trying to not make a big mess. Usually when I eat that, I just eat it in and of itself but I feel like I need to serve something with it. The pot pie already contains tofu, corn, peas, carrots, celery and broccoli, and has sweet potato. Any suggestions as to what to serve with it? Or for appetizers? I was thinking of maybe baking some bread, and doing a spinach salad with strawberries and walnuts... but I don't have salad bowls (haha)... though I guess I could pick up a few... then I was also thinking maybe a rice pilaf? Or... I don't know.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

do you have small cereal bowls? sounds weird, but you *can* serve salad in those... or you can be creative and serve salad in margarita glasses alongside the tofu pot pie..

i would offer a crusty multi-grain bread, and a spinach salad with mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, walnuts, carrots, cucumbers, and grape tomatoes (i'm allergic to strawberries).. or i would serve a fruit salad. Offer sorbet for dessert if you are feeling adventurous
#3 Old 03-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Beginner

There is this easy and tasty cantaloupe soup recipe that I've made before. It's served cold and it might go nicely with the pot pie.

**The only thing is you might need more bowls to serve it in. You could however put it in a large bowl with a ladel and have everyone scoop it out and put it into a nice glass (you would still eat it with a spoon, although I guess it could be drank right out of the glass, but maybe not when guests are there!.)

Ingredients:

4 Ripe small cantalopes

6 oz. orange juice concentrate

1/2 teasp. Cinnamon

Mint sprigs (optional for garnish)

I usually just make it according to taste and ignore the amount of ingredients the recipe calls for.

Throw it in the blender on puree. Chill and serve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page