aaaaaah my speciality
i use: any type of mushrooms, onions or spring onions, vegetable stock, & alpro soya cream.
1. fry mushrooms in butter til brown & soft
2. fry whatever other veg you have
3. add herbs etc.
4. make a pint of stock & add to pot
5. top up with hot water
6. bring to the boil
7. add one carton of cream (if you like it really creamy)
8. simmer for an hour or so, stirring now & then
9. add water if needed
10. take off heat, add thickener (if you dont want it like water!)
11. add salt & pepper to taste
this is the way i do it, and it comes out perfect.
i made this as a starter to meal once for my (non-vegan) family and they all loved it and asked for the recipe
i also like frying the mushrooms with garlic first, to make it garlic mushroom soup.
hope this helps!