The Inspiring Meals Showcase - Page 8 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#211 Old 09-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Another GF meal:

I've been making "Bubble & Squeak" lately. (Recipe care of Hoodedclawjen )

This is basically a potato burger with chopped cabbage, (and in my case) plenty of onion and garlic. Served with bread, this makes a surprisingly filling meal. While this meal might not "sound" like a lick-your-chops kinda dish, it is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 Old 09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Another GF thing I made is Verdant's Rajma Rasmisa (it's on his blog).

Mmmmm, really good - except I can't take the heat level he recommends. So, I toned it down a bit. Then after eating most of it over the course of 2 days, I took the leftovers and drizzled in some coconut milk from native forest. MMmmmMMMMMM, that was good!
#213 Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't believe I still haven't made Bubble & Squeak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#214 Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh and panang curry with veggies. I found a good recipe for this a few months ago (forget from where) but I found it in all my pile of recipe papers recently. I started making and DH is in love with this, too. Wow is it ever good!

Gluten-free cooking sure is yummy!
#215 Old 09-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

I can't believe I still haven't made Bubble & Squeak.

I actually had this recipe for a few weeks before I finally got round to making it. It can read like a PITB to make but it's not.

I actually liked it better using the foreman grill b/c the ones I fried came out a little too moist whereas the ones on the grill came out perfect, IMHO.

I highly recommend giving this a try. Be sure to use some slow sauteed garlic in there (plenty of it but I'm a garlic fiend).

LMK how it turns out!
#216 Old 09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh!! OH!! and i made homemade Falafels from scratch for the first time EVER. They came out really good, too! (I baked mine b/c the fried ones were too oily. Baked ones were perfect!)

And, I made a Carribean Rice and Beans dish - also yum!

Now, I'm on the hunt for a vegan veggie pakora recipe. (I'm not real sure I've ever had these...prolly have but I've got a good case of mommybrain right now - kids have kept me up late with the latest round of sickness, etc.) Anybody recommend one?
#217 Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

Be sure to use some slow sauteed garlic in there (plenty of it but I'm a garlic fiend).

Ah, a woman after my own heart!
#218 Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 PM

Tonight, I decided to be brave and try marinating and grilling tofu on the Foreman. I was actually impressed. (It tastes better than it looks - I've never tried photographing my dinner before!)

I snagged the marinade from an old recipe for salmon terikaki: sake, tamari, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Then I served it over green tea rice (I actually found short grain brown rice in my little town!) and tossed a simple green salad with a sesame oil and rice vinegar dressing. The red pear was finally ripe, so I had it for dessert.

I think I'm really getting into the swing of cooking good, healthy meals for myself. I'm feeling rather prould.
LL
#219 Old 09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

That looks really yummy, Applescruff. Makes me wish I had a Foreman grill
#220 Old 09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Leftover Night!

How can Leftover Night be an inspiring meal, you ask? Well, it's all in what leftovers you have. Tonight I have Corn and Tomato Pudding, Tomatoes Rockefeller, a small serving of Capellini Pomodoro, and Three-Bean Salad. The presentation wasn't very inspiring, so I didn't bother photographing it.
#221 Old 09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Last week I improved my own version of shepherd's pie. It consisted of:

Mashed garlic red potatoes

sauteed onion and crumbled veggie burger with potlatch seasoning

green beens

carrots

an "uncheese" gravy similar to punkmommy's nacho cheese sauce, only thicker.

It was fast simple and good reheated.
#222 Old 03-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't have anything to post right now, but I do want to bump this thread to see more tasty stuff....
#223 Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orapunzel View Post

on the other hand...

I perfected a vegan lasagna that is THE BOMB. DH and my parents woofed this so fast that I was immediately lobbied to make 2 more batches. Of which the 2nd batch was made... and is gone. 3rd batch is waiting to be made today.

I'll post how I did this one later on.

Must go to elder son's birthday party now. (With THE best vegan choc cake recipe that all my omni friends ask for recipe. And it's soy free. Even I don't like cake... but I like THIS one.)

Mmmmm, I love food too much.

Ok... enough from me...

Could you PULEESE post the recipe for the lasagna AND the chocolate cake???

They sound soo yummy!!

Thanks,

Michelle
#224 Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flvegnewbie View Post

Could you PULEESE post the recipe for the lasagna AND the chocolate cake???

They sound soo yummy!!

Thanks,

Michelle

I submitted my chocolate cake recipe to the recipe section. Keep an eye out over there for it. Hope you like! PM me with question on it, if you have any.

Oh... edited to add: as for the lasagna... it may take me a bit to write it up. It was one of those things I did off the cuff and haven't yet put to paper.

Also, I'll prolly have to PM it as one of the ingredients in there is from a recipe I got in a recipe book. I'll see if it's on the net somewhere as a free recipe, first. If not, then I'll definitely PM it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page