~ Super Fruity Sangria ~ - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

This is a very nice summer cocktail! I love Sangria, so my bf and I whipped together our own concoction the other day. It turned out very well! It actually tastes even better about 24 hours later, as the wine has had more time to absorb all of the fruit flavor (though be sure to cover the top of the pitcher if you're gonna keep it in the fridge over a day or so)! Enjoy!

SUPER FRUITY SANGRIA

Ingredients:

2 bottles (of the same kind) Mediterranean or Spanish red wine (use organic or vegan if you can find it - but just look for a decent inexpensive brand)

1/2 pound fresh strawberries, quartered

3 1/2 large oranges, sliced thinly

1/2 pound bing cherries

1/2 lemon

1/2 lime

1 jar maraschino cherries

NOTE: use organic produce, if possible!

Directions:

Put the quartered strawberries and sliced oranges into a large glass or plastic pitcher. Add the bing cherries (you can put the bing cherries in whole, or you can de-seed them and cut them up into small pieces). Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and half a lime into the pitcher. Now add both bottles of wine. Stir well and let chill.

When ready to serve, put about 5 ice cubes into a large glass or wine goblet and pour the wine mixture into your glass. Put a few maraschino cherries on top and add a couple teaspoons of the maraschino juice in. Stir, then serve! And don't forget to eat the fruit in your glass when your drink is empty!! Yum!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

This sounds delicious! Do you have a recommendation for a vegan wine to us? I know Barefoot is vegan, but I'm not familiar with any others.
#3 Old 06-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Oops - typo! I meant to say "wine to USE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

All Frey brand wines are organic and have no added sulfites - I believe they are vegan, too. They are not Spanish reds, BUT the Red Table Wine that Frey makes is very very good!! I prefer the Red Table Wine they make over their Cabernet.

There is also another vegan wine I have tried - it's by Organic Wine Works and is the California Red Wine Radical Red. It's good, too. It even says VEGAN on the bottle. I believe it has no added sulfites, too.

However, I do buy these wines regularly, but to be truthful I am NOT a stickler for ONLY drinking vegan wine - I just love wine too much. I do prefer the Frey over all others, though. Because it has no added sulfites, I do not get a headache from drinking it, even if I drink too much of it.
#5 Old 06-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you!
#6 Old 06-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

You are welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page