Dried apricot paste: what to do with it? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Veggie Regular

My mother went to an islamic food store today, and bought a large quantity of dried apricot paste (among lots of other weird things). Has anyone ever heard of this? And more importantly, do you know any recipies for it?

It is a kind of sticky, semi-soft sheet. I suppose we could cut it up and use it for muffins or something like that, but I wondered if there are any more traditional recipies for this

We also now own a large block of date-paste, so if some-one has some additional ideas for that, it would be welcome too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you could use it in this Turkish lentil soup recipe. I've used the recipe with whole dried apricots: https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...imageuser=3596
#3 Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Veggie Regular

No idea what to do with apricaot paste but I do like ynaffits recipe of turkish lentil soup, I'm gonna try that it sounds gorgeous.

Anyone know what to do with apricot kernels? - I have bags of them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

eat it, i guess

j/k

i assume it would be really good for baking inside a roll or something, we bake a lot with dried apricots here ... dried apricots and walnuts. same with date paste, so if you know any good dough recipes (cause i don't) i think the sweet ones that use yeast would be good, and also the dry crispy layery stuff would be good too. so try making pastries or rolls, that would be awesome
#5 Old 10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post

Maybe you could use it in this Turkish lentil soup recipe. I've used the recipe with whole dried apricots: https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...imageuser=3596

Looks good! I'll probably try it

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page