#1 ·
I just made an AMAZING pasta. it had:

fresh garlic

fresh white onion

baby spinach

cannelini beans

italian style vegan sausage

and spaghetti

and of course, sea salt, cracked black pepper and a little olive oil to saute. its so good!!

pasta is so versatile! What do you all like to make with your pasta....just marinara? or do you have some crazy delicious concoction.....tell me your favorite ways to eat pasta!

do it.

See less See more
#6 ·
Squished:

yes, it was fresh baby spinach. I saute'd the onions, then added the garlic and the sliced 'sausage' because I didnt want to burn the garlic. I covered it and let them brown and heat, then took off the cover and added the spinach. I stirred it in and let it cook so the spinach wilted a bit, added the cooked pasta and cannelini beans, and stirred until everything was hot. and then i tasted it...yum!

#10 ·
If you eat cheese, I have a great recipe with pasta, broccoli, brie and toasted walnuts.

Cook the pasta, steam the broccoli and toast the nuts in a dry pan on top of the stove.

After you drain the pasta combine it all together with the brie cut into small pieces and the heat will melt the cheese. You can add other veggies or different nuts and cheeses (veg*n too). Very tasty.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Pasta is a major staple in this household. My kids would have it almost every night if they were cooking, and I like it because it's quick and I can throw all sorts of veggies in it.

I like the sounds of your recipe, we'll have to try it, I have tons of chard to use up...
One of my favorite ways to eat chard, or other greens, is to put the leaves in with the pasta water when I put the pasta in, saute the stems (for chard at least) with some onion and garlic in olive oil and then cook it all together for a few seconds at the end.

Oddly, I enjoy eating leftovers of this cold.

ETA: I use one bunch of greens per 8 oz of pasta. That makes two big servings.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

One of my favorite ways to eat chard, or other greens, is to put the leaves in with the pasta water when I put the pasta in, saute the stems (for chard at least) with some onion and garlic in olive oil and then cook it all together for a few seconds at the end.

Oddly, I enjoy eating leftovers of this cold.

ETA: I use one bunch of greens per 8 oz of pasta. That makes two big servings.
Oh thanks!! That sounds wonderful! If it has garlic, my kids will probably eat it, no matter what greens I add!!! Yay! I'm delighted to find a couple more veggie-filled recipes for pasta!

#14 ·
My recent summer fave is Kale, Diced Tomatoes, and Cannelini beans (cooked in olive oil and garlic)

An old favourite is Broccoli and Kalamata olives in garlic and oil

Crushed tomatoes, veggie pepperoni and beans

Diced Eggplant, halved cherry tomatoes, and white mushrooms

#18 ·
Tomato-based pasta sauce

Lots of chilli powder and pepper

Chopped up veges - onions, capsicum, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms

Capers

Cubes of tofu

Peas

Grate in vegan cheese if i have some (Kingland brand)

Oh, and olives!!!!

YUM! Pasta is my favourite food...

#19 ·
Tonight I am having penne arrabiata which I make by plaing 6-8 chopped garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes into a hot pan containing 1/4 cup olive oil, when the garlic begins to brown I add a 28 ounce can of tomatoes either processed through a food mill or briefly in a food processor. I then salt and later salt to taste. You do all this why the water is coming to a boil and then let it simmer while the pasta cooks. When the pasta is done you drain it and cook it with the sauce. After plating, I top it with some chopped flat leaf parsley.

#20 ·
Garlicky greens and orichette topped with parmesan or soy parmesan

Thinned cannelini bean dip,roasted red peppers and fettucine

Walnut pesto or sun dried tomatoe pesto with fresh baby spinach and cubed mozzerella

roasted eggplant and peppers,carmelized onion and rigatoni

peas,mint,olive oil,plenty of sea salt and freshly fround pepper and parmesan if you like with penne

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

Squished:

yes, it was fresh baby spinach. I saute'd the onions, then added the garlic and the sliced 'sausage' because I didnt want to burn the garlic. I covered it and let them brown and heat, then took off the cover and added the spinach. I stirred it in and let it cook so the spinach wilted a bit, added the cooked pasta and cannelini beans, and stirred until everything was hot. and then i tasted it...yum!
I made a version of this for dinner tonight. Wholewheat pasta, magenta chard (young chard with pretty pink stalks), white kidney beans, onion and garlic in olive oil. Was it ever good! I'll be making this one over and over!

#26 ·
I just made this the other night. Grill asparagus, portobello mushrooms, and onions; cut into bite sized pieces. Mince and saute lots of garlic in olive oil. Add vegetable broth, the grilled veggies and cooked pasta. Simmer for a couple minutes to incorporate flavors. Add fresh basil at the end (if using dried basil, add it in with the garlic). This is now my hubby's favorite pasta dish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.