Sandwich Ideas - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

School is about to start, and I'd like something besides peanut butter or faux meat with mayo for a sandwich, and am wondering what you guys would recommend.

Am I correct in saying that you could make a spread out of chickpeas and use that on a sandwich? I sampled one at one of my Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animal meetings, but I cannot remember what it was.

So I'd appriciate any ideas...

And I'm also wondering if anyone has a fairly easy to make salsa? I made some in my family studies class three years ago, lost the recipie, and can't find one that seems as simple.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
MEM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post

Am I correct in saying that you could make a spread out of chickpeas and use that on a sandwich?

are you thinking of hummus? it's made out of chickpeas and tahini. I just ate a hummus, mustard greens and red pepper sandwich on pita bread. I highly recommend it.

Do a search for hummus on this forum, you'll come up with an insane number of recipies.

Also this thread might help you out: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=41856
#3 Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Since the thread above is so new I'm going to close this thread. Please continue discussion here...

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=41856

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page