Mashed beans can also just be used on bread as a sandwish spread... my kids take mashed pinto beans and mix with some salsa, spread on bread with some lettuce and tomato. Yum!
Let's see, what else?
The chickpea idea, but add some curry powder too... SOOO good.
- - chopped black olives, chopped, toasted pecans and tofutti cream cheese.
- - Tofutti cream cheese with chopped green olives, green onions and parsley.
- - Roasted red peppers run thru the food processor, use as a spread with veggies and greens.
- - white bean spread: mash beans with garlic, rosemary and some olive oil and cracked pepper... oh YUM!
- - grilled eggplant, pureed in food processor with garlic, olive oil and herbs. Add greens or whatever veggies you like in the sandwich.
(I've made myself hungry for a sandwich now!!)