quick meals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Beginner

I was just wondering if anyone knows any vegetarian recipes that can be made really quickly. I'm getting sick of salad.

Also, does anyone know if/where you can buy crab ragoon with fake crab meat? I am dying without it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Beginner

Go with bananas, apples, oranges, nuts and seeds!
#3 Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Administrator

This one is very easy...

http://vegweb.com/recipes/soup/1027.shtml

I've adapted it quite a bit. I add several different types of beans, corn, and mushrooms. I make up a big batch and then freeze it in individual portion containers.

As for crab rangoon, you can make it using just cream cheese, that might be enough to get past the craving. You can also buy fake seafood online. I haven't had this so I don't know how it tastes...

http://www.vegieworld.com/H015/H015.htm?id=553

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Veggie Regular

The simplest thing I can think of is bean burritos. Can of veg*n refried beans, some tortillas, whatever spices, veggies you want to add (ro-tel, onions, whatnot). The ultra-quick version is to just dump your beans, spices, veggies into a container and put them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring once halfway through.

Take a spoon and put the beans in a tortilla, roll it up, put it on a plate and enjoy.

As for me, I like to pop mine in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Combine beans, spices, etc. and make the burritos. Put them on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish, and then put them in a preheated oven (375-400 degrees, turn on the oven right before you start making the burritos) for 8-10 minutes.

Crispy yummy goodness. If you like, eat them with your favorite salsa or hot sauce for some kick.

It doesn't get much easier than bean burritos.
#5 Old 08-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Veggie Regular

<-------- Queen of the Quck meal...

-- Burrito: Flour tortilla with mashed beans, cheese (vegan or not) and salsa.

-- Taco Salad: Chips, lettuce, whole balck beans, guacamole, salsa, olives

-- Mash tofu with mayo and season like you would an egg-salad... onions, celery, pickle bits - serve on toast with lettuce and tomato.

-- Hummus (recipes here or anywhere - Google a searxh) and sprouts on a pita or bagel.

-- Fruit salad with sunflower seeds and dried crnberries.

-- Keep tupperwares of rice and pasta in your fridge. Heat and add your choice of veggies.

-- Taco shells with salad veggies and pinto beans and rice.

-- "scramble" tofu (recipes here or google them) and add home-fried potatos.

All of these are very quick if you keep yur fridge stocked with rice and pasta, and your cuboard stocked with cans of beans.
#6 Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

The simplest thing I can think of is bean burritos. Can of veg*n refried beans, some tortillas, whatever spices, veggies you want to add (ro-tel, onions, whatnot). The ultra-quick version is to just dump your beans, spices, veggies into a container and put them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring once halfway through.

Take a spoon and put the beans in a tortilla, roll it up, put it on a plate and enjoy.

As for me, I like to pop mine in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Combine beans, spices, etc. and make the burritos. Put them on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish, and then put them in a preheated oven (375-400 degrees, turn on the oven right before you start making the burritos) for 8-10 minutes.

Crispy yummy goodness. If you like, eat them with your favorite salsa or hot sauce for some kick.

It doesn't get much easier than bean burritos.

This is one my meat loving dh can handle. He just makes them "crisp" by browning them on the skillet. It really is quick meal.
#7 Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Brandon, that's one of my family's favorite quick meal ideas too. Baking it really does make a difference, doesn't it? And if you have leftover rice, mix that in with the beans too. We usually top ours with salsa and guacamole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page