Pepper Hater (foods you hate) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmmmm lima beans, brussel spouts, mushrooms, celery - there is not a vegetable I don't like.

Fruit is my enemy - cantalope is the grossest thing ever, after cherries, bananas, peaches, plums and mango. ick. I even tried a cherry yesterday at WF and it almost made me sick. I tried to like it.

I think it is so fascinating how everyone has such different tastes. I wonder how we get programmed to like and dislike certain things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-02-2005, 05:27 AM

wow - I feel lucky, back in the days I used to hate mushrooms, celery, mangos, garlic...but these days (since going veg*n like 12 years ago) I love them all, I even like raw mushrooms! I always figured it was my body realising the need for nutrients contained in these foods that has resulted in my liking them. There isn't a single fruit or vegetable that I hate these days, with the one solitary exception of cucumber and that is only because I am allergic and it makes me
#33 Old 07-02-2005, 05:45 AM
Beginner

undercooked asparagus, tastes like i'm chewing on a toothpick... cooked is cool though...

so many people here hate foods i love, wow, i guess my friends and i all have the same tastes, i love every fruit and veggie!

except maybe figs... but thats because of the wasp factor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Jes
Veggie Regular

Olives. I hate olives so much.
#35 Old 07-02-2005, 08:36 AM
MEM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

another vote for cilantro. Most foods I simply dislike (raw tomato, celery), I can still force myself to tolerate them for the nutrition, etc.. but the if there's the tiniest bit of cilantro in anything, it's all I can taste and I just can't eat it. Totally annihilates every other flavor, and tastes like chemicals or plastic to me. yick.. gives me the chills just thinking about it. This problem has created for me a terribly distressing love/hate relationship with Indian food.

I can handle cilantro in Indian food. There's so many other flavors that I can ignore it or appreciate how its balanced by everything else. I used to not be able to tolerate anything that even threatened to have cilantro in it. Over time, I've been able to ignore a lot of it. In fact, I totally forgot about my hatred of cilantro until recently when we bought a "spring herbs" salad mix that had massive amounts of the retched stuff in it (silly me for not reading the ingredients on salad). Impossible to ignore. I could barely finish dinner, there was so much cilantro in the salad mix that I thought I was going to loose it a couple of times.
#36 Old 07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

^^ got queasy just reading asbout that salad
#37 Old 07-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Veggie Regular

*Red onions.

*Spicy peppers (in their whole form...the flavor itself when added to items is okay..such as pepperjack cheese or chipotle sauce...but I can't stand them cooked or raw).

*Green beans

*Prunes (*shudder*, but I like plums)

*Mangos (seriously almost DID vomit, I think I had an allergic reaction..ate about 8 oz of mango one day. the rest of the day I was so ill. stomachache, on the verge of barfing for hours on end, headache, ears ringing, shaking, feverish, dizzy, sweats, chills, etc. I don't know if it is related to the mangos, but I know I am staying far far away.

*Brussel sprouts

*Lima beans

I used to dislike peas and cranberries, but I like them now. Olives are okay..a bit too salty for me. I can barely tolerate celery...just too much work to eat. I've never tried eggplant or artichokes.

I love mushrooms, squash, coconut , raw tomatoes, beets, raisins, water chestnuts, bell peppers, nearly all fruit (except for, yup, mangos), and spicy foods (in response to everyone else's list).

Most canned vegetables are okay with me..most canned fruit is not (too mushy and sugary).

I'm okay with cilantro, it does taste rather strong but not soapy or chemically/plastic-y to me. Actually, someone mentioned a spring herb mix salad that contained cilantro..I think that's my favorite prepackaged salad mix available right now..second favorite is baby arugula, baby spinach, and carrots mix (also known as baby spring mix).
#38 Old 07-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Celery, squash and red delicious apples.
#39 Old 07-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

oh god ew I HATE golden delicious apples. there is something WRONG with them. usjlkahlggg.
#40 Old 07-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I like most veggies and fruits but I could definetly live without celery,water chestnuts,durian and papaya.blech.
#41 Old 07-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

olives, hot/sweet peppers, avacado, mushrooms, eggplant, dill weed
#42 Old 07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought of all you cilantro-haters yesterday as my husband put an GIGANTIC portion on the tacos he was eating yesterday. I actually like it too but he was using so much it cracked me up.
#43 Old 07-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I abhor beets, brussels sprouts, turnips and (cooked) cabbage. Otherwise I love my veggies.
#44 Old 07-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate celery. It makes me feel sick. I hate that its negative calories and I can't eat it!
#45 Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Min
Veggie Regular

Hmm there arent many fruits & veggies I dont like I must say ive never had beets but the smell turns me off completely & Tempeh I dont know if I cooked it wrong or just had the wrong flavor (soy) but I thought it was awful I have a pack of 3 grain I want to try so I havent totaly written it off my will eat list yet.
#46 Old 07-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, beets! I can't stand those either. The last time I tried a bite, I had to spit it back out on my plate.
#47 Old 07-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Beginner

Oh my gosh - you people are GREAT! This thread was just what I needed this morning.

I'm allergic to onions and garlic (garlic much more so than onions) and I don't LIKE some other veggies, so my husband feels that maybe vegetarianism isn't for me (he is really supportive, but worried about me)...this and I don't like soy (I keep trying different things...sigh).

Anyway...this thread has made me realize that it is definitely OKAY for me to not eat certain veggies and that I can STILL DO THIS!!

What don't I like? Lettuce - yuck. I don't like eggplant, but have only tried it twice (Had hubby put it in garden so I could try it for "free" in some recipes). I don't like fresh peaches (I gag on the skins - canned are fine). No onions, peppers (except hot peppers in salsa - thats okay) or garlic.
#48 Old 07-05-2005, 05:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I realise now how lucky I am. I will literally eat any and every vegetable and fruit put in front of me.
#49 Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_vegan View Post

Celery. Most worthless. vegetable. ever.

C.

DITTO!
#50 Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebulun View Post

Oh my gosh - you people are GREAT! This thread was just what I needed this morning.

Awesome, thx, I am glad I thought of this too.
#51 Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Mushrooms....any type, any way, yuck!

I also don't care for beets, chick peas, melons or blueberries, including blueberry flavored things.

I love celery, I love that raw taste it has, and I really like turnips and brussel sprouts.....is it lunch time yet??
#52 Old 07-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Melon of any sort except watermelon

Cantelope- yuck

Cheese ( I'm lacto-ovo, but I can't stand cheese unless it's crefully disguised and very trace.)

Flakey pastry

pine nuts
#53 Old 07-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

oh god ew I HATE golden delicious apples. there is something WRONG with them. usjlkahlggg.

I never knew people could hate apples.
#54 Old 07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
MEM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkace View Post

Most of the time I'd have to agree with you. Not liking apples just doesn't make sense, but I can understand a dislike of golden delicious apples (and even red delicious apples). They tend to be the apple equivalent of styrofoam.

I'll eat them if given no alternative, but fuji, pink ladies or most local varieties are much, much better....
#55 Old 07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Beginner

Rutabagas make me cringe. I'm not much into celery either, but if I load it down with peanut butter then it's tolerable
#56 Old 07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post

Rutabagas make me cringe. I'm not much into celery either, but if I load it down with peanut butter then it's tolerable

I've never been able to bring myself to try a rutabaga. I keep thinking of Lisa Douglas in a hot air balloon throwing them at people yelling "Eat Hooterville rutabagas!".
#57 Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkace View Post

for the longest time I wouldn't touch them. I was younger, but i just remember the thought of eating an apple made me sick. I liked them cooked, always have, but I had a couple years where they just were so gross to me...I think its because i had one in my lunch most days and I was a weird kid and all of a sudden didnt want one anymore, ever. golden delicious apples still are gross to me because no matter how 'good' they are they always taste grainy and nasty to me. I like my apples really crisp and goldens are always kinda squishy or something. ugh.

I agree though, fujis and pink ladies....mmmmmm
#58 Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Delicious apples are my favorite too.... love going apple picking to get them. I could never eat them but raw, I hate cooked fruit, applesauce is for babies too-ick.
#59 Old 07-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Banned

once I went apple-picking and an apple fell from a really high branch onto my head. it didnt knock me out but it didn't make me happy and now I'm afraid of apple picking. I'll stick to cherry picking
#60 Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Banned

Mushrooms, papaya and guava. I really don't like most fruits, and I prefer most of my veggies raw.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page