VeggieBoards banner

Vegan Banana Bread

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Werewolf Girl 
#1 ·
This recipe is divine!! It is so moist and delicious! Everyone always loves this. This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".

VEGAN BANANA BREAD

Ingredients:

3 very ripe bananas, mashed

1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice

1/2 cup oil (almond oil tastes the best with this, but I also use canola oil when I'm in a pinch)

1/2 cup sweetener

3/4 cup chopped dates or raisins (if desired)

1 1/2 cups flour (unbleached or whole wheat, preferably)

1/2 cup wheat germ (NOTE: I like to cut the flour down to 1 cup and make the wheat germ 1 cup. It makes the bread much more healthy and it tastes better.)

1/2 tsp sea salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or a potato masher until very mushy, then add the lemon juice, oil, sweetener, and dates or raisins and stir together. In a separate large bowl, stir together the flour, wheat germ, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix together gently until "just mixed" (this is important! do NOT over-mix! or the bread will be heavy when baked and not light, fluffy, and moist). The batter will seem thick, but it's supposed to be thick, so don't freak out! It won't be 'thick' once it's baked, I swear! Spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake 40-50 minutes (usually takes about 40 minutes in my oven). Test with a knife to see if done.

Makes 1 loaf.

This is easy and VERY yummy!!! You'll love it!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I make this Banana Bread once to twice a week. It's my breakfast most days and a delicious and healthy snack.

I substitute the "3/4 cup chopped dates or raisins" with a mix of lin seeds, sliced almonds, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seed to make it even healthier.

Once I forgot to put the sugar and it still taste good!

One of my favorite recipes!

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinaCosa View Post

I make this Banana Bread once to twice a week. It's my breakfast most days and a delicious and healthy snack.
I substitute the "3/4 cup chopped dates or raisins" with a mix of lin seeds, sliced almonds, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seed to make it even healthier.
Once I forgot to put the sugar and it still taste good!
One of my favorite recipes!
And now I really really want banana bread
drool.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.