VeggieBoards banner

:spew: paula deen is the worst cook EVER.

3K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  missleigh 
#1 ·
http://www.foodtv.com/food/recipes/r..._27413,00.html

??!?!

two dozen krispy cremes.

AND

sweetened condensed milk

AND

sweetened fruit cocktail

AND

a POUND of powdered sugar

AND

a stick of butter.

I'm seriously going to
. grossest thing EVER. why isn't she dead yet? you can't just eat like this and be ok. its terrible.

whats the worst thing you've ever seen made on the food network?

See less See more
#28 ·
You think that's bad? You haven't heard of this one then:

The channel: Food network

The cook: Emeril

The recipe: an entire jar of Nutella. sugar. other sugary items that i can't remember. and i think buttery popcorn? something like that. anyway - his remark was "now THAT's a snack!" and i believe his suggestion was that this was a ONE SERVING DISH.

#29 ·
I hate Emeril.

And I hate Alton Brown, too (I know I'm the only one.) For the same reason--BECAUSE THEY ARE SO FULL OF THEMSELVES.

Their egos are so inflated you could pop them like a balloon, yuk. Especially Emeril.

Rabid--LIVE TURTLES! That's the worst thing ever! How awful! Lately the ones I've seen have been so tame, though. Like, the secret ingredient is: milk. Or: noodles. Wow, really tough

#30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

What I don't like about Iron Chef America:

New chairman sucks

Judges suck

Challengers suck

Not dramatic enough

They take it too seriously
You forgot one thing, Remi. SHATNER.

I like Iron Chef (original) too. I've not seen the turtles one, but I have seen them kill live eels by beheading them on one episode. Pretty damn cruel and nasty.

I think the only episode I have seen of IC that was remotely veg*n-friendly was the "tomato battle" one. Most of the dishes had some nasty animal part added to it (read: lobster or some sort of brain) but a lot of them looked like they'd be easy to veg*n-ize.

I also like to watch Unwrapped, even if I wouldn't and don't eat most of the stuff. Marc Summers always gives me a nostalgic feeling when I hear his voice (Double Dare, anyone??!!).

#31 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyGoat View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that Krispy Kremes really aren't that great? I mean, I guess they're OK, but I think there are much better donuts out there.
i think people like them because they're so sweet. they're a bit sweet for me, but when you get them warm they are nice and fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth and...well, warm. but i havent had them in a long time and I wouldn't eat one now most likely, they're FAR too rich and fatty and sweet for me. and I have nothing against some good soy cream. its something about doughnuts that wards me off.

I also like to watch the food network because there ARE some recipes that could be easily veg*nized. Rachael Ray, when she makes soups, a lot of the times says "this could be made vegetarian very easily, just use veg. stock instead of chicken stock." which is always nice. there are a few cooks who seem to respect there are more than carnivores out there, and that there ARE people who like a veggie-filled, possibly low-fat or at least healthy and not artery-clogging meal. i know its nice once in a while but its all paula deen makes. i saw her make chicken noodle soup once and she added lots and lots of heavy cream to it. i was so confused! i thought it was a clear broth!

(oh and on that same episode with the krispy kremes she made 'homemade doughnuts' which were just canned pilsbury biscuits deep-fried. then she took a squeezy tube and filled them with what i thought was lemon custard, which still sounded gross, but when i looked it up i found she had squeezed massive amounts of HONEY BUTTER into each one as a filling like you would a jelly doughnut!!!!! ingredients: squeezy margarine and lots of honey. gag me with a spoon?!)

oh and on iron chef once it was battle octopus, and they killed the live ones. it was disgusting. they'd just brutally chop them up, and they'd chop the legs off and put them in the pot....and the detached legs would be squirming and crawling out of the pot! I almost vomited so I had to turn the channel.

#32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

i found she had squeezed massive amounts of HONEY BUTTER into each one as a filling like you would a jelly doughnut!!!!! ingredients: squeezy margarine and lots of honey. gag me with a spoon?!)
That is SO. F'ING. DISGUSTING.

Quote:
oh and on iron chef once it was battle octopus, and they killed the live ones. it was disgusting. they'd just brutally chop them up, and they'd chop the legs off and put them in the pot....and the detached legs would be squirming and crawling out of the pot! I almost vomited so I had to turn the channel.
That's horrible! I guess I can see why they switched to milk and noodles...but still. There must be a happy medium somewhere.

#34 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_vegan View Post

You're a d*ck.

N/C FOR YOU.
i'm not sure if you're serious, but i'm pretty sure remi was making a joke about how vegans here will say that this kind of recipe is so gross because it's full or sugar and fat, but will still go out and binge on vegan junkfood that probably isn't any better for them.

#35 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

i'm not sure if you're serious, but i'm pretty sure remi was making a joke about how vegans here will say that this kind of recipe is so gross because it's full or sugar and fat, but will still go out and binge on vegan junkfood that probably isn't any better for them.
This is what I was getting at, yes.

#39 ·
you think that's bad, you never had my mom's buche de noel - a buttery pound cake rolled up like jelly roll around presevers, and slathed with tons of sugary-butter icing and decorated with more icing sugar to make it look like a log with greens and mushrooms growing on it. the cake served 10 and had 2.5 pounds of butter in it, all told. i finally had to tell her to stop making it because people were only eating the tiniest slices of it out of politeness. remember that cartoon ren and stimpy, and they had that fake commercial for that toy "log"? yeah. we changed the jingle around to suit my mom's cake:

it's log,

it's log,

it's big, it's heavy, it's butter.

#40 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

you think that's bad, you never had my mom's buche de noel - a buttery pound cake rolled up like jelly roll around presevers, and slathed with tons of sugary-butter icing and decorated with more icing sugar to make it look like a log with greens and mushrooms growing on it. the cake served 10 and had 2.5 pounds of butter in it, all told. i finally had to tell her to stop making it because people were only eating the tiniest slices of it out of politeness. remember that cartoon ren and stimpy, and they had that fake commercial for that toy "log"? yeah. we changed the jingle around to suit my mom's cake:

it's log,

it's log,

it's big, it's heavy, it's butter.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.