Anybody work at Whole Foods? TJ's? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey all!

I know this is kind of an off-topic question-but, does anyone work at Whole Foods or TJs. I was thinking about applying to one of the two or both. Just wondering if people liked working there...do you get an employee discount? ...what was your starting pay ( if you don't mind me asking)...ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Sheesh! Enough with the Whole Foods threads already! (nothing personal! )

I work at Whole Foods. The starting pay depends on what area you're in. Arizona ... not sure. Maybe around $8 or $8.50.

I like my coworkers and depending on who I'm working with (and how the customers are)I either have an amazing day or a miserable one. Overall, it's good though.

I don't like that it's a corporation. I think it pushes sales too much. I think people are too easily fired. Gripe, gripe, gripe!

I don't know much about Trader Joes except that people usually cashier for four hours and stock groceries for four hours. And that is definitely much much better than doing one or the other for eight hours, as you will at Whole Foods.

ETA: The discount is 20% once you're voted in by your department.
#3 Old 03-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks mikie! Sorry, I didn't know there was any other threads like this... lol Just Kidding! Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

A very good friend of mine has worked for Whole Foods for at least 12 years now, so I would hazard a guess that he loves it

He had worked up to being the wine-buyer for either the stores in the Houston are or all of Texas and now he's the local cheese buyer for the Houston area. As you have seen, Mikie's got more info for you on working conditions and such.

Also, my sister now works for The Container Store and I believe she started at $9.50 an hour. She says it's a great place to work, too, as they treat their employees well. The same goes for Costco from what I have read about them.

So, there are a few really good companies worth working for out there, but you may also want to look online for something like a lit of "best companies to work for" kind of thing...

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page