VeggieBoards banner

What do you put in wraps

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  MrFalafel 
#1 ·
I can only think of a few things, huumus and ppj. Can you give me some more ideas. And also do you buy whole wheat or white? Thanks. Just looking for more lunch ideas.

#2 ·
well at home i use whole wheat. but last night at the dining hall they had white flour tortillas for nasty lard filled beans and mean and cheese, (not very vegan friendly so i need to get creative all the time.) so i took the wrap and put spinach, lettuce, tomato, onion, raw broccoli and colliflower (sp) and put salt pepper and olive oil and vinegar on it. i was also thinking about putting italian dressing. so kinda like a salad wrap!

#3 ·
Mmmm..my favorite food. Wraps.

This is what I've filled my wraps with before (not all of these together but I mixed and match): fresh spinach, romaine lettuce, grilled peppers, onions, sun dried tomatoes, breaded tofu, thai jasmine rice, refried beans, avocado, fresh tomato, seasoned boca crumbles, corn....just about anything actually. I get creative with them.

#14 ·
Years ago, before the whole "wrap" concept came out, I made "salad burritos" in my college cafeteria because the beans there were lard-filled as well...

Just went thru the salad bar and filled my burrito shell with salad stuff...

All my friends thought it was a cool idea and did the same, though the cafeteria staff didn't like it because on 'Burrito Day' we were using up all their burrito shells and not the beans - oh well!

I was light years ahead of my time, what can I say?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.