#1 Old 12-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Beginner

http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbreci...p?RecipeID=196

i'm making some of these tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Beginner

Let me know how they turn out! I'm going to make gingerbread cookies in a few days.

Saje
#3 Old 12-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Those are hilarious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, those are too cute!!
#5 Old 12-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I love that website! Everything I have made from there comes out delicious. Those cookies are awesome!
#6 Old 12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

i used their gingerbread recipe this year, and their icing recipe, it worked really well. however our gingerpunks came out a little less perfect looking.

i want to write and ask them how they got such a vibrant red colour in their vegan icing.
#7 Old 12-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

OH MY GOD

now i just have to make South Park Ginger Bread Cookies

have to have to

can't help it i just gotta !
#8 Old 12-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

i want to write and ask them how they got such a vibrant red colour in their vegan icing.

There's a thread on it here: http://www.livejournal.com/community...tchn/5753.html.

Must have been a lot of food colouring!
#9 Old 12-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Oooh! Hehe. I bet my brother would get a kick out of those. I've been meaning to create some gingerbread men.
#10 Old 12-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

If you have a baking supply store near you, get your hands on some dry food pigments. A little goes a *long* way and they make awesome colors.
#11 Old 12-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

thanks for the tips about the colours. i'm most concerned about the red because of the common use of...cochneal? in it. you know, the crushed up beetle shells. and while i have taken delight in making my own vegan red food colouring from beets in the past, it never really becomes red...it's more of a bright pink.

anyway, i posted my query at the ppk site under this recipe and they responded by telling me that they used harry potter brand food colouring. and in another spot they said they called the manufacturer who assured them there were no animal bits in it. it only just occurred to me that beetles don't really classify as animals. maybe i'll have to clarify with them.
#12 Old 12-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I've got my batch in the fridge right now. I picked up some store-bought icing cos we all know I'm lazy. I'm going to make Macabee men, hehe. For a bit of belated Hanukkah festivities (I didn't get to go home last week! We're doing latkes and things tomorrow.)
#13 Old 12-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

So... I made them. They're frikkin rock hard. Err! Maybe I baked em too long? I mean it is gingerbread and all... but geez. I could take an eye out with these suckers.

Anyway, gingerbread men are for decoration, not eating. And they are darn pretty. I took PICTURES, but my computer won't run the kodak photo program, so... I can't share.
#14 Old 12-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Beginner

I just made these! They were great. Mine were super soft. Maybe yours were rolled thinner than mine? I put a sugar/cinnamon glaze on the second batch. There still in the oven. I don't think these are going to last long! I'll have to make more tomorrow.

Saje

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page